All reviews cape horn great western road this family run hotel across road cullen skink a large car park popular with locals large bedroom fluffy towels pleasant hotel three courses bed and breakfast sitting area on arrival spent two nights city centre comfortable rooms
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We loved our stay in Aberdeen! had a spacious room with ample parking. Enjoyed our breakfasts each morning. Would also recommend eating at the Cape Horn Bar, food was excellent and so was the service!

Room Tip: Room 601 is handicap accessible and very spacious
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Our evening started well with oysters and bubbly. The oysters were wonderful. We requested for our main courses to be on hold until we finished our drinks as we intended to switch to red wine to accompany our main. It should be a simple request as it was steak and duck but we were told they had already started cooking the meat. This was surprising and disappointing as we had requested 'rare' steak and pink duck breast which shouldn't take that long to prepare. The meat were a little more than requested. The deserts were fine.
The waiting service was good and cheerful. It was a special evening so we didn't want to make too much of a fuss over the main. It could have been better.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Easy and convenient to find , although on a main road the hotel was quiet
Room 12 , nice , everything we needed .
We ate in the bar , good food , good beer .The fish was particularly good
Overall a pleasant hotel

Room Tip: Any room . Our room , no.12 , was to the side
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2018

I tried the Mariner restaurant on my own for dinner and had a pleasant surprise with the menu choice I started with 6 fresh oysters followed by that 80 classic Steak Diane with all the trimmings the kitchen dose a good selection of fresh fish, I was tempted with the fresh Lobster but my wallet said No!
I intend returning here again.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank ThePlumber186487
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Always one of my favourite places to go for informal, good quality dinner. Menu changes weekly but always plenty to choose from. Staff are always so welcoming and service is top notch. I normally eat in bar, restaurant bit more formal, seafood a speciality.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends