All reviews small kitchen kitchen area sliding door breakfast bar king size suite grocery delivery service hob microwave well equipped kitchenette self service laundry airport stops designed rooms coat hooks modern and clean hotel union street power points self cater studio apartment
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Check in ok - some IT issues but nothing bad.
Room very well laid out and nicely decorated. Had everything, iron, kettle, fridge, freezer, hob, microwave, sink - Teas and coffees, etc....For what you get in this room, erm studio apartment, is amazing.
Wi-fi didn’t work on iPhone but did on iPad.
Shower poor which affected my rating. It might seem harsh but it’s important to me to have a brief but invigorating shower. Although it was a nice bathroom.
Liked the coat hooks too.
At this point of my review I’ve changed my rating to 5. My points above are still valid but I paid under £100 a night and a Village has charged me more and given less room features.
Bar service on 8th Oct (1830) had a really pleasant barman on. He knew his stuff and engaged with me really well.
Breakfast was good. Again this hotel delivered on really good use of space. The layout for breakfast was compact but had everything.
Check out was easy and the rainbow cab came quickly.
Centrally located clean hotel I recommend to all. Don’t be put off by my shower comment.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
ResidenceInnAberdeen, Operations supervisor at Residence Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Dominic W,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts.
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely apologize about the technical issues we were having on that day.
It is unusual to hear that the shower was poor; our feedback about the showers is usually very good, so I will have to get maintenance to look at the room you stayed in.
I hope you can come back and stay again and our showers can wow you!

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Right in the heart of the city, Union Street on one side, the Lemon tree Theatre and King Street all 2 mins walk.

Great hotel, really lovely staff. Rooms immaculate and if you're staying more than one night I would add you can choose to cook with a couple hobs in the room.

Aberdeen a great city and this is a fine new hotel and a welcome addition to the place.

Great breakfast, the sausages were among the best I've had in ma puff.

We were only here one night, but I would've stayed more.

And DA DA DAAAAA-There's a Mackie's Ice Cream shop right outside. With all the flavours! ALL OF THEM. Have a really small breakfast and just treat yourself to a Mackie's ice cream binge day.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
ResidenceInnAberdeen, Operations Supervisor at Residence Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear Thegodfuzzy,
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay so much. We too love having Mackies ice cream just outside, our waistlines don't though!
Thank you for taking the time to share your Aberdeen experience with us.
We hope to serve you again soon.
Sincerley,

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

If I wrote this review before I slept this hotel would have undoubtedly received a 5* excellent rating.

Some may feel the rating is harsh however the primary purpose of a hotel is to sleep for the night and the green glow from the emergency light indicator makes this impossible. I work in Building Control and the lux level from the green indicator is brighter than even an emergency light needs to be so I’m clueless as to why this indicator has been picked as it doesn’t need to illuminate brightly. I was due to stay again for business but have had to cancel my booking due to this stay.

The hotel is modern and immaculate, the check in process smooth, the rooms kitted out to a high standard and they serve the best buffet breakfast I’ve ever had.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank honesttraveller2595

Dear Paul A,
I am glad to hear you liked our rooms, breakfast, efficiency and cleanliness.
I sincerely apologize that your stay wasn't completely enjoyable.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I will pass your comments on to my team.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

This hotel is new in Aberdeen and also is a new concept for the city. I stayed for one night in October 2018. The hotel is located in a new build and is a large hotel over 6 floors. The concept is that the guest rooms are actually mini apartments, with a separate kitchen area. The kitchen area is immediately following the entrance door to the room and comprises a small high table with stools, a worktop with storage under and over, fridge, 2 zone inductive hob, kettle, tea and coffee etc. Pans, plates etc all provided. The room itself is large, very comfortable bed, fantastic lighting, a desk and a small sofa. The bathroom is very large, walk in shower, there is plenty space in the large sliding door wardrobe for as many clothes as you need. In the wardrobe is an ironing board, iron and hair dryer. There is also a laundry room on the ground floor, but I didn’t use it. For other amenities check out the website. There are floor to ceiling windows that open from the bottom and good curtains. A large screen TV is provided. There is absolutely no noise at all either from inside or outside. Breakfast was included in the room rate for my sty and this what I would call adequate. Meals are served here as well but I didn’t eat here, there are many choices for eating in the city and the hotel is actually located next door to two restaurants and a Costa coffee shop.

I was impressed with this hotel and had a very comfortable stay, the staff were friendly and efficient, the hotel very comfortable and the WiFi worked as it should. It’s a great central location so absolutely no issues. I am not sure about car parking as I used public transport, the 727 bus to and from the airport stops almost immediately outside. The train and bus station is about 5-7 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
ResidenceInnAberdeen, Operations supervisor at Residence Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear Richard P,
This is a great comprehensive review for all prospective guests. Thank you for sharing that with us.
I am glad your enjoyed your stay and glad the hotel suited your needs.
I hope you get a chance to come and stay again.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Fab new hotel with everything you need, great breakfast and super location, walk out the door and straight in to 2 shopping centres, plenty restaurants and pubs close by....wee hidden gem....loved it and def be back :-)))

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
ResidenceInnAberdeen, Operation supervisor at Residence Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Odyssey394247,
Wow, what a great review. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We cant wait to welcome you back to the hotel soon.