Lillian Cottage Guest House
US$120
US$98
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$75
US$69
Hilton Garden Inn
  • Restaurant
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$54
US$78
US$69
US$65
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$65
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$61
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

US$120
US$111
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$55
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
US$88
US$66
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 13, 2015 via mobile

I stayed for one night at short notice. Picked because of its proximity to Aberdeen University (a five minute walk) although it is also only a 20 - 30 minute walk from Union Street or 5 minutes on the excellent bus service. Lillian Cottage us now owned/operated by the owner of the neighbouring Alba Guest House (where you take breakfast). I was given a room for three people that was clean, decent sized and with a good en suite bathroom. Very nice owners. Good cooked breakfast. I was only charged £50 which, for Aberdeen, is a steal. My only slight gripe was that the wifi was a bit hit and miss, but not the end of the world. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2015 via mobile

** BE WARNED THEY DO NOT TAKE CARD PAYMENTS **
Cash or Cheque only however there is a cash point a 2 min walk up the road in a petrol station.

As advertised there is free parking on the road next to the guest house.

Upon arrival I was met by one of the owners a lovely friendly Chinese chap who could see that I had a take away pizza in my hands along with my bags so he swiftly showed me to my room & carried my bag for me.
Awesome tartan carper through all of the hallways did make me smile & give me the whole Scottish feeling!

Upon arrival into my room (room 6) it was a nicely presented twin bedroom room with TV with freeview, tea & coffee making facilities, chair & a wardrobe.

There was no hairdryer (like a numpty I forgot mine) but I went downstairs & asked the lady & she kindly lent me one. :-)

The bathroom was very small with only a stand in shower cubicle (fine for me as I like showers) but for any of you looking to have a bath this will be an issue in this room although I do not know if other rooms have bath facilities.

The bed was comfy enough with 2 choices of pillows (different firmnesses)

For breakfast I had bacon with beans along with toast.
Tea & apple juice - all of the food was nicely cooked & again the service was good.
Breakfast room was a bit weird as there was only 4 tables & as it was busy I had to sit on a table with a chap I didn't know.

The wifi was good, it didn't drop out at all - 4G is in the area on phones tho so if there was any issues in connecting I could have tethered laptop to phone.

For the money they charged it was good value for money however in all honesty I have stayed in better B&B's for the same money but these were down south so this may be the way B&B's are in Scotland - I shall find out the answer to my previous statement as I am up in Scotland traveling around for a week with my job.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2014

Great location near the University of Aberdeen with very clean and comfortable rooms. Generous hot breakfast with fruits, cereal and yogurt. The Lams are extremely friendly and helpful hosts. The Wi-Fi reception in the rooms was a bit weak so we had to go downstairs to the main lounge to hook up to online. Apart for that minor inconvenience our stay at the house was very good.

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Smashing B and B with comfortable and clean room. Great location for Aberdeen University and city centre. Very good cooked breakfast with a wide selection of cereals/fruit. Thanks to Geraldine and William for a great stay and for being so nice about me breaking a lamp.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brunswicker1815
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Solid, functional rather than great comfort. It all works, it's clean but there are no frills. This is par for the course for Aberdeen.
Location for the University is ideal and it is a mid-long walk to town (fine in the summer). Road noise (major road) so ask for back. Good breakfast and a nice lounge. On street parking but no problem (might be a bit harder weekdays?). The owner could not be nicer which makes all the difference.
I would go again if I needed to be near the uni.

Room Tip: ask for the furthest away from the main road possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo