1,509 results
All reviews john lewis waffle maker separate bath city centre king room great hotel union street rain shower car park air conditioning walk in shower comfortable rooms business trip weekend break steak breakfast was excellent lovely room
Reviewed October 11, 2018

The hotel is located in walking distance to city center and close by lots of department stores. There are many restaurant and café nearby. All staff provided very good services and willing to support customers request. And the most importance is that their bed is very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HugoC3514, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Sfhp178,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience. I am extremely happy that you have found the hotel and our staff to your liking and you were well looked after by the team. I will be sure to pass on this feedback.

We look forward in welcome you back at our hotel in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Four of us went there for a meal and it was excellent. Great service, great wine list, great service. The restaurant is really comfy with nice decor. Quite a central location as well.
Very close to shops and bars.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
HugoC3514, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear David C,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience.
We are delighted to hear you have thoroughly enjoyed your meal at our restaurant and the team provided with great service.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed September 30, 2018

This hotel lived up to my expectations! Clean, comfortable and with enough amenities to meet my business travel needs. Super welcoming staff made it a pleasure. Thoroughly enjoyed the good steak at Native and a good balanced breakfast served.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HugoC3514, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Aberdeen gem,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience during your recent stay.

I am very happy to hear that you have found the hotel and our staff to your liking. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team.
We sincerely look forward to welcome you back at our hotel in the future,

Sincerely

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights recently in a very spacious suite. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was nicely set out except for the lack of hooks for the towel. Just a small thing but you need hooks for towels to dry so that you don't have to ask for new ones each day. We had dinner at the bar one evening and it was very nice and the breakfast was fine although they did seem to be understaffed one day but I guess this can happen. There was parking under the hotel with direct access which was very convenient. The staff were also very friendly. The only slightly annoying thing was that the air-conditioning was very noisy.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
HugoC3514, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear DEB2076,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during your recent stay. I am very happy that you have found the hotel and facilities up to your liking. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel in the future,

Kindest Regards

Reviewed September 24, 2018

I stayed in this hotel four years ago and I think it has deteriorated since then.

This time,as indeed last time, I was with a group of ex-Aberdeen University graduates celebrating a reunion. We stayed 21st/22nd September.

Firstly the good points: The hotel is modern,well furnished in the public area and the rooms are very comfortable -I had a King size double although I was single. The rate for the room was reasonable (£65) per night B/B. The cleaning staff were efficient and the staff as a whole were friendly and helpful.

There were though considerable downsides which were surprising for an upmarket hotel.

Other reviews praise the breakfast, but I would disagree. It was all right if you wanted a standard English Breakfast or continental one with cold meat etc but even here I was surprised that fried eggs had to be ordered from a printed menu--salmon incurred an extra charge, despite this usually being inclusive in many ordinary B/Bs. At 8.30 the restaurant was about two thirds full and food was running out.There was no bacon in the tray,only two bread rolls left,the cooked tomatoes were burnt, and on both days there were no saucers for china cups and the mugs had run out.Not everybody likes mugs and when I asked for a saucer for the cups the waiter didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.I then asked another who was replenishing a machine and she said she would get some but nothing happened. Mind you,nobody else seemed to mind sitting with just a cup on the glass topped tables. The impression I had was that the staff were not really assigned to any particular job, but multi-tasked haphazardly so there was a lack of coordination.For example, the member of staff who was the checker-in for room numbers left her post and I had to then wait to find someone to register my presence.Used plates on the fairly small double tables were not removed quickly enough so there was not enough room--I had a waiter laying an adjacent vacant table for minutes before he came to pick up my plate.
There needs to be a lot more supervision in this restaurant.

Other reviews have mentioned noise and poor behaviour of some guests and unfortunately I had a bad experience with this too, with a party apparently going on in the next room from mine throughout the night, with noisy laughter and loud thumps ,one of which shook my pillows! I didn't get up and knock on their door as I thought it would die down, or phone reception as I wanted no fuss which would wake me up completely for the rest of the night, but this racket went on from about 2.30-4.30 a.m. On coming down somewhat bleary- eyed in the morning, I mentioned this to two of my friends and they said they had been having a late night drink at the bar when a very rowdy group of people came in making such a noise that it spoilt their enjoyment.Presumably these were the same who then continued to party next to me!

Without sounding a kill-joy ,it might be a good idea if the management do something to control this kind of behaviour--at the very least to ask people to respect other guests.

The lady receptionist was very apologetic and sympathetic and offered to delete the parking charge-£8 a night in the underground car park I had paid, but frankly I was surprised to have to pay this in the first place--many hotels give guests a pass, free of charge.A hotel in Leicester I stayed in recently for example--the Belmont did this.

Unfortunately,I had the general impression that the Hilton seems to charge extras as a matter of policy--the salmon, for example, seemed rather trivial.

I also stayed at a Best Western in Pickering a few weeks ago where free parking AND salmon with scrambled eggs were not regarded as extras!

All in all then not what I expected of a Hilton,but maybe I'm too fussy.

Mr.Booth--Edinburgh.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
HugoC3514, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear Rupert b,

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. We are very sorry your experience did not offer you the quality of service you deserve. We strive to give exceptional service every day, for every guest; I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will look at each point you have raised allowing us to reach improved performance in the standards of service we provide to each of our guests. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.