All reviews high tea chicken maryland train bus station union square busy road bit dated shopping centre tea and coffee kettle
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night when attending a works night out... I booked it because it was a great price (£50) for a double room. I'd read the reviews on here so I wasn't expecting much but I think I lucked out... Got a room on the 5th floor which had obviously just been refurbished. It was bright, spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. The receptionists were lovely on both arrival and departure. It's obvious the management are working hard to redecorate the hotel and it is true that the corridors etc still need some tlc. Maybe I was lucky but for £50 the room I got was an absolute steal.

Great location, just across the road from the train station and union square shopping centre, and just 5 minutes from Union Street

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Linda M, General Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Hi joeking1979

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay.

It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We were delighted to hear that you really liked our new rooms and we are very excited at the hotel for the rest of our refurbishment. Thank you for your very kind words about our staff, we try our best to offer a friendly helpful service.

We value your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed previously and had 3 good enough rooms....the last was actually a suite and was obvs a free upgrade and was amazing. However, we stayed again on the 25th of May 2015 and it took til the 3rd room before we accepted it. The first 2 had wallpaper hanging off the wall, threadbare carpets, filthy toilets, stains in numerous places and ancient furniture. We simply didn't feel "clean" in the rooms. We were quickly changed and the 3rd was acceptable. Won't be going back though.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi vampireno1

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay.

I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would like to apologise for the problems you had with the standard of your room.

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

The last two visits I've made over the last two months involves the reception. I am staying there tonight (15th May 2018).They have totally ignored my request for a receipt on payment. Despite these reasonable requests, they seem to do what they want, at their convenience. Not customer driven.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Linda M, General Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Hi A B

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay.

I was very sorry to hear that you found our staff to be incompetent as we really try to be friendly and helpful. I have highlighted the issues you have raised with my team to ensure that the same situation does not occur again.

Jessica, Reservations

Reviewed May 14, 2018

My husband and I like old, quirky, character but not GRIME! This hotel needs some serious cleaning. As you enter the vestibule there is a horrible worn and dirty rug,does not bode well...the main lobby is not bad, has new leather couches and and old but not bad reception area. Then up to the rooms along dirty hallways and baseboards. Our room had the dirtiest carpeting I have ever seen. I would not take off my shoes in that room! The smoke alarm on ceiling was covered over in red tape, There was a large hole in the vent cover. The bathroom was newly renovated and shiny clean. The towel warmer had a sign on wall that said :warning, this gets VERY hot: The bottom of the towel warmer had a bare wire sticking out! Concern for safety in this room!! The bedding was clean and in good condition.

We always find the pony under the manure and I must include the positive. The location is great, just steps from rail station. The staff, especially woman at reception was helpful and kind. It appears they are attempting updates. Recommend they start with cleaning!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi IrishAlie

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay.

We would like to extend to you our most sincere apologies regarding the recent issues with your stay. We have a high standard of quality our guest experiences and your stay should never have been an exception.

Jessica, Reservations

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

We have visited The Station Hotel on many occasions for its wonderful high tea and also the a la carte menu. Severely disappointed on this occasion and will probably not return. The only positive I can give is the waiting staff who were really nice. The menu was a laminate A4 piece of paper with only very basic choice of food at not very basic prices!! We asked if this was the only menu and were told that the kitchen was being refitted and yes this was the only menu. We chose our meal reluctantly as we thought it was rude to just leave without eating. Halfway through eating our very basic meals 3 men sat down at the table next to us and within minutes of ordering were served the most delicious looking burgers - which were not on the menu! My friend ask the waiter about their choice and was told that there was a separate offshore menu - really??? Very disappointed with choice, price and quality of food.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Linda M, General Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Hi Y90

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent restaurant visit.

We were sorry that you did not enjoy your visit on this occasion besides being happy on previous visits. We try our best to provide a comfortable and pleasant meal for all our guests but on this occasion I feel we have fallen short and I hope that you can accept our sincerest apologies.