Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$84
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
US$90
US$69
US$63
US$76
US$71
  • Restaurant
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Restaurant
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Restaurant
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$59
All reviewshigh teachicken marylandcakes and sconesunion squaretrain bus stationmain coursebit datedshopping centretea and coffeekettle
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Reception and bar area beautiful but the higher up the hotel you get the worse the decor. Desperately needs renovating but for £45 We couldn't complain. Room was dated but clean. Breakfast was really good and amazing value!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Linda M, General Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Hi RG07LOW

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay.

We were delighted to hear that you found our reception and bar area to be beautiful. Our refurbishment programme will address the issues you raised. I have passed on your feed back to housekeeping and the kitchen.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

We were in Aberdeen on business at the Jurys Inn and my two colleagues had booked in there. Unfortunately by the time I decided to stay over it was fully booked but I recalled the Station Hotel was literally across the road...what could possibly go wrong!

i checked in late afternoon - the reception looks like a low budget version of the reception on their website - and at the desk I was fairly much ignored while the man next to me was told they couldn't find his booking (lucky sod as it turned out) - he became a little abusive about this and they told him that due to his language he would not be staying at their hotel. He took this less as an inconvenience and more of a free opportunity to upscale from being a little abusive to being world class abusive.

At the same time, a woman leaving the hotel went tumbling down the front steps of the reception due to a completely missing tile, down the 4 or 5 steps and dumped unceremoniously onto the pavement. It looked seriously painful and she didn't move for some moments - luckily for her a few people also standing outside came to her aid. By this time, a greater number of reception staff and some management looking folk had all congregated at the reception due to the upscaling of aggression by the swearing man of some moments earlier. Most of them witnessed the poor lady's fall but not one moved to assist or see she was ok.

And I am two hefty paragraphs into my review and I haven't even checked in yet.

I was given room 414 (finally) and headed off. Walking in it was immediately, like before the door closed behind me immediately, quite obvious I had made a very big mistake. Huge stain on carpet just inside the door. Cracks in the walls. One window wide open, so high that I had to stand on a chair to reach it. Crumbs on floor.

Please note my photo of the space between the bedside table and bed. The cable, while looking black in that photo was actually white - it couldn't have ever been cleaned in decades (the phone itself must be mid 80s). Vile.

The room and hotel overall had the feel of a place that you see on telly where people have been evicted and the council have to find them accommodation.

It was a warm time and the room (maybe because it was up in the rafters on floor 4) was stifling - so the only way to try and change that was to open the window - up on a chair again - then you realise that Aberdeen is a place where extremely drunk people return to ship every 15 minutes all night long :)

I booked at booking.com and can't believe the reviews and rating on there, this is a seriously dilapidated, run down, dirty hotel. I will beat myself up forever for choosing it - I have stayed away in hotels for over 35 years, and have never chosen so badly as the Station Hotel Aberdeen.

Even here on TA, their lowly ranking seems too high but I guess their location rating is ok - it's a nasty hotel in a great location, I can't dispute that one.

Whoever took the photos on their website is a genius - they look sort of...nice...

Believe me, very little here is even approaching nice.

Room Tip: Find the room they use for the website photos on Booking.com
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ScunnerScotland
Linda M, General Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Hi ScunnerScotland

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay.

We would like to extend to you our most sincere apologies regarding the recent issues with your stay. Our refurbishment programme will address the issue you raised. We are all optimistic that once the refurbishment is done we will be able to compete with all the other hotels in Aberdeen. Again we very much hope that you can accept our apologies.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

I booked 5 rooms for friends that were arriving from all over the World. The rooms were not very clean & all very outdated. Some of my guests walked out on the Friday & when I called to complain I was informed call back Monday. Even after 1 of my guests was moved rooms the next room was even worse with dirty bedding & human hair in the bath & I don't mean hair off the head. This used to be a lovely hotel but really went downhill now & will not use again.

Room Tip: Ask for the refurbished rooms & check them before unpacking.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hi THEHAPPYSCOT

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay.

We would like to apologise for your negative experience at our hotel.
I would like to apologise for the problems you had with the cleanliness of your room. This is under no circumstances acceptable and I have highlighted the issues you have raised with my housekeeping team to ensure that the same situation does not occur again.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

There are many hotels I have visited across the world, and several across my own country, and the majority are reasonable ok. Some are fabulous, some are good, some are a bit tired, but unfortunately this one isn’t just tired its comatose. It isn’t quite on advanced life support just yet but one more problem and it could easily slip into disaster.

Where can I start. We are a group of 4 colleagues attending a regional event. In individual rooms, booked together.

My room is reasonably decorated with a few dirty areas however the carpet looks like someone has laid tarmac on the road then walked in here with the same boots on. It is vile. The windows are absolutely filthy, paint is flaking off the frames and the beds are old and need replaced. The furniture is old but does the job.

However my colleagues rooms are a whole different matter. Torn paper on the walls, exposed old wires, absolutely disgusting carpets, paint flaking off the ceilings, filthy windows, hair in the bath. Fire sensors falling off the ceiling, rooms smelling of damp.

He changed rooms 3 times before eventually getting a room that he could put up with.

The decor in the other rooms has clearly not been updated for many years if not decades.

Now the front entrance looks great on first look, but look closer and you find thread bear carpets, holes in the flooring, and a deadly brush style mat at the main entrance which is torn and caused me to trip up as my whole foot went underneath the torn area last night, but luckily i noticed quickly and stopped in my tracks before a serious injury occurred.

Some attempt has been made to clean up communal areas, corridors etc but this is a very tired hotel, which is drifting in and out of consciousness. The main reception although fairly well staffed is in part and is at times rude and somewhat dismissive. They were a little helpful but when it came to my colleague changing rooms despite several concerns, was told this is your last chance. No, im sorry get a room we can actually sleep in and have paid money for.

Customer service 2 out of 5
Rooms 1 out of 5
Safety 2 out of 5
Hygeine 1 out of 5
Food - we avoided given the standards we saw in cleanliness.

Overall 1/5

Would we come back, only if it was closed, refurbished and opened under new management.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Linda M, Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Hi Watty

We value your feedback.

Linda M, General Manager

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night when attending a works night out... I booked it because it was a great price (£50) for a double room. I'd read the reviews on here so I wasn't expecting much but I think I lucked out... Got a room on the 5th floor which had obviously just been refurbished. It was bright, spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. The receptionists were lovely on both arrival and departure. It's obvious the management are working hard to redecorate the hotel and it is true that the corridors etc still need some tlc. Maybe I was lucky but for £50 the room I got was an absolute steal.

Great location, just across the road from the train station and union square shopping centre, and just 5 minutes from Union Street

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Linda M, General Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Hi joeking1979

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay.

It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We were delighted to hear that you really liked our new rooms and we are very excited at the hotel for the rest of our refurbishment. Thank you for your very kind words about our staff, we try our best to offer a friendly helpful service.

Linda M, General Manager