1,007 results
All reviewsbothy restaurantfuneral teawedding mealfunction roomsteak piewedding receptionattending a weddingspecial thanksmini barfull scottish breakfastcourse meallovely hotelwaiting staffcomfortable roomone night staycooked breakfasthaggis
Reviewed October 19, 2011

WOW!!! Where do I start? Had our wedding reception at Palm Court Hotel on 15th October 2011. I stayed the night before wedding in room 16 which was blissfully quiet. Rooms are modern and bed was very comfortable. Shower room was ace!!! Could have stayed in there all day!!! After my best man and I got ready we had left the room like a bomb site! But this did not deter the housekeeper who moved all my things to honeymoon suite with no fuss whatsoever. A BIG thank you! Graham and his staff were amazing!!!! Their attention to detail is second to none. The food was wonderful. It was served hot, prompt and plentiful. The staff always seemed to be there without being in your face. All were helpful and pleasant. Even at the end of the night at the residents bar, the staff were still attentative and good humoured!!! Morning after, and breakfast was plentiful and very relaxed. Even at check-out, we were told there was no rush and to just take our time. I found the prices very competative and much cheaper than other hotels in Aberdeen, which has a reputation for being an expensive city. If you want wedding day perfection, try the Palm Court!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ian c
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Our daughter got married here on 1st October. from the first visit to enquire about their wedding packages, throughout the further planning visits to the day itself the service was superb.Graham and the staff were always very helpful and nothing seemed a bother. the room for the ceremony was beautifully set out and the transformation back to a bar for the first drink and a place to await the wedding meal was very slick. the meal itself was superb ( as was the service ), all our guests mentioned this to us. Graham took all the stress out of the day for us and this meant we could enjoy it to the full.the overnight accommodation was excellent with the rooms being stylish and comfortable.the little extras in the bathroom were great as we had forgotten several things but these were already there. the breakfast the following morning was the best we have had in a hotel we felt more like friends rather than guests. I would recommend the Palm Court to anyone planning a wedding or indeed any other type of function.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jim c
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I only booked about 18 hours in advance, and knowing how busy Aberdeen hotels are on Monday/Tuesdays, I was unsure what to expect, but the accomodation was perfect.

All staff were exceptionally polite, attentive and efficient, the location was very handy (5 minutes from Union Street in the car, even at rush hour), yet quiet and peaceful. Good bar food, Skysports...which is important on Champions League nights!) and free wi-fi. Couldn't ask for more.

Room was clean if a bit on the small side, good shower, and no outside noise.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GMcL_11
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We came across the Palm Court Hotel whilst passing through Aberdeen on a recent driving holiday in Scotland and were pleasantly surprised with our experience, albeit for one night only. The hotel is situated in a quiet, residential area, off the main highway heading north. There are no palm trees.
Our room was on the second floor, with another bedroom above us, with squeaky floor boards when guests (in this room) were walking around.
There is a good bar in the hotel frequented by plenty of locals and also a very nice restaurant. We had dinner in the restaurant rather than try and find somewhere else to eat in an unfamiliar city and the food was quite good.
Our room rate also included breakfast and the full Scottish breakfast (if you want it) was OK.
Our only complaint with the hotel was that the room was too hot and the doona (duvet) too heavy resulting in this ending up on the floor. The hotel manager assured us that in winter, they don't get this complaint.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was billeted here by British Airways when I found myself grounded at Aberdeen airport after my flight from Heathrow ran late and Flybe airways decided it would make my connection impossible by departing early. So, all i wanted was somewhere I could get a good nights sleep while cursing Flybe airways.
BA tried very hard to find me a room and after numerous calls to local hotels they found a room at the Palm court. It seems that hotel beds are extremely difficult to find at any time due to the huge mob of oil rig workers who continuously pass through Aberdeen so getting one at short notice is apparently a case of take it or leave it.
Being a bit old to sleep on airport benches I took it even though the name "Palm Court" gave me some concerns.
In many respects I needn't have worried as the service was very good and the food quite exceptional for a medium grade hotel.
However, i was allocated the room at the top of the stairs which took all of the noise generated by the public areas and to make matters worse there was some sort of engine situated outside the bedroom window which started up every half hour or so making a noise like a lorry engine (presumably some sort of refrigeration system).
There being no air-conditioning I had to make do with a hot room in order to keep the window closed and the noise down a bit.
I am sure that other rooms don't suffer in this way but do make sure you don't get this one !
I would probably have got a better nights sleep at the airport terminal !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business