“Simply the Best”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I found myself staying at The Palm Court Hotel for a wedding on 19th and 20th August 2017. All of the staff I encountered during my two day stay were hospitable, friendly and professional. The room was superb, clean c/w a complimentary bottle of prosecco. Nothing was too much for the staff, they really are a great team of people who made my stay excellent, I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. The best I've stayed at for some years, thank you.

Room Tip: try the food at the hotel, it's a great menu, and the portions are large and the service is exc...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonathan C
64manager, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Jonathan C,
Thank you for your kind review after a recent 2 night stay for a wedding.
I am pleased to hear you had a great stay. I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team who will be just as pleased to read your review.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Stayed overnight for sons wedding. Comfortable room with complementary bottles of water and prosecco. Excellent choice of breakfast although had to make own toast. Friendly staff. Booked online paid in advance easy check in and out, good rates. Would recommend for visit to Aberdeen.

Room Tip: Not 5 or 6, top floor and no lift.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear AJBAberdeen,
Thank you for your kind review after staying over for your sons wedding.
I hope everyone had a great time at the wedding.
The breakfast staff would most certainly have made your toast for you if you had asked, people have different preferences how they like their toast.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My sister got married in this hotel in August 2017. The hotel itself is a nice Scottish hotel. The rooms are small but typical for Scotland. We had adjoining rooms since we have children. All was very smooth with the rooms and check-in process.

The staff are very friendly and will do what they can to keep you happy. My sister's wedding here was amazing and she was so happy with all the staff. The food was fantastic and big portions, which is quite unusual for a Scottish wedding.

It's in a good location and Johnstone Gardens is very beautiful and a few minutes walk away. Would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Aberdeen.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
64manager, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear vikkia80,
Thank you for your kind review after a recent stay for your sisters wedding.
I am delighted you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel from the bedroom to the food. I will pass on your kind comments to the kitchen team who will be as equally delighted with the feedback.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We had a great weekend at the Palm Court, food excellent, staff really helpful, no real complaints except it is not very accessible as there is no lift - a bit difficult if you cannot carry heavy suitcases, etc.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear laurencef5,
Thank you for your kind review after a recent stay with us.
I am pleased to hear you had a great weekend with us at the hotel.
With regards to the lift, we are not allowed to have one due to the structure of the building, however we always have staff on hand to help with luggage on request.
I hope this has not put you off returning to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Our son had his wedding reception here on the 4th of August great venue everything was great . Scott who was overseeing everything was first class .not just because it our sons wedding it was best wedding meal we have had and the food at night was spot on . Disco at reception was really good . we stayed the night good sized room bed a bit to soft for me and the breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice .all in all a great time with friendly helpful staff will certainly be going back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sandy D,
Thank you for your kind review after your recent stay whilst attending your sons wedding.
I am delighted to hear everything was spot on for you including the meal.
Our aim is to provide a service that has a good lasting memory which I am sure you wont ever forget.
It was a pleasure looking after all your guests and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We have a 'Locals' card, which gives you a coffee and cake for only £2 during the week. A great place to wander to, and to sit outside on their patio (despite the Aberdeen weather). Service is a little slow at times, and there never seems to be enough staff to cover the customers.

Dear Alistair K,
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear you have a locals card which gives you some priveliges. I am sorry to hear that the service is a little slow at times. The staffing levels are set to the business demands, however service should never be slow or poor.
I hope you will still continue to visit the hotel for your coffee & cake.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Our absolutely perfect wedding day was here, the ceremony in the afternoon and the evening reception right through until 1am. We picked the Palm Court due to it's unique looks from the outside and in; the balcony for photos was an additional bonus.
The Palm Court Hotel were excellent hosts for our wedding day, ensuring everything went very smoothly and any, even the slightest issues were handled with no fuss. In the run up to the wedding they were able to answer every query and there wasn't anything that couldn't be resolved. They gave us the freedom to personalise our day. I recently heard from our florist who wished to compliment the staff for being very helpful to her the night before the wedding, making sure she had everything she needed.
I felt like they went out of their way to provide support and this really added to our atmosphere. All of our guests totally enjoyed themselves and have given me extermely positive feedback regarding the hotel.
The location was excellent for all of our family and friends to access with plenty of space for parking. The bonus of the location is the Johnston Gardens, only a minute to drive around the corner to it's a perfect opportunity for photos after the ceremony. The hotel even offered to provide transportation if needed.
There is a large dressing room with plenty of space for hair and makeup sessions on the big day and they provided us with a light lunch and set up a music stand for Ipods/phones to play while we got ready, helped everyone relax.
Throughout the day there was always someone to hand and our toast master/wedding co-ordinator, Scott was fabulous!! :)
We also would like to do a big shout out to their very own DJ- the guests thought he was spot on and he certainly played our most favourite music.

So to all at the Palm Court, thank you for everything and a wonderful day! We hope to return one day to look back on all of our fantastic memories.

Marion & Dylan Nelson

Dear marionnelson,
Thank you for your very kind review after we hosted your wedding at the hotel.
It was a pleasure looking after both yourselves and indeed your guests.
I am delighted everything was excellent for you both.
I would like to offer my congratulations to you once again.
I hope to see you back to the hotel in the future.
Kind regards