“Protein fix but not relaxing”
Review of Tropeiro Aberdeen - CLOSED

Tropeiro Aberdeen
Price range: US$13 - US$24
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Tropeiro is a Brazilian steak house based on the 'Rodizio' concept which translates to English as 'continuous service'.In Brazil we take the simplest idea of combining wonderfully seasoned meat and flames, with skill and patience in order to capture their individual flavour.These mouthwatering meats are cooked on an open fire and carved at your table-side. Our menu offers twelve different cuts of meat (five at lunch) including a mixture of chicken, pork, lamb and different beef cuts served alongside a generous buffet of gourmet salads, side dishes and Brazilian stews.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We went around 6pm on a Friday, it was fairly quiet and service was attentive and quick. It's not an experience i've had before, you receive a card with around 15 different types of meat and when your meat is cut from skewer the card is stamped. The porks were quite fatty, some of the steak was great, especially the sirloin. The salad bar was good. If your needing a protein fix, this is the place to go. It wasn't a relaxing meal though as you are being served constantly.

1  Thank Gary H

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I went with a group from work. Service was good, food was okay but I would not choose to make a return trip. Just heard the other day that they had closed down but been re-opened by ex staff members. So I expect it will be more of the same.
A different experience but not for an intimate evening.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I dined here as part of a large group that had reserved one of the private areas for friends birthday. Having heard that this was an all you can eat affair I chose to skip lunch so I could sample as much as I could manage. We were seated and drinks orders were taken efficiently, the waitresses then took the time to explain how the stop cards worked and before long I was filling a plate at the all-you-can-eat buffet. The buffet selection was good but the quality was average. Throughout the night we were served a good selection of different meats, sausages, steaks, chicken wings and chicken hearts. Recommended for group nights, birthdays or stag doo's!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

everyone was speaking how good is this restaurant, but it was horrible for me! food wasn't good at all, maybe few salads but meet was horrible! wouldn't recommend that, either me or my boyfriend were not happy at all after all that good comments.

2  Thank AnnaaK93
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Went here with a group of friends for pre-night out food. Excellent value. Started off with salad bar which was almost sufficient on it's own, good selection and well stocked. This was followed by unlimited rounds of meats. They weren't the best cuts, but really what can be expected, they were cooked very well, with a decent selection. Service very good continually topped up and served. I would definitely recommend but unfortunately now closed. Wouldn't recommend for vegies though.