1,177 results
All reviews union street vue cinema maritime museum reduced rate rail station tea and coffee facilities central location aberdeen centre excellent location comfy bed car park short stay good nights sleep key card reception staff business trip pleasant stay
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Tucked away but nevertheless central to anything one might need in Aberdeen. 5 minutes walk from station. Clean, modern, bright, friendly staff, I wouldn't bother to look anywhere else. They run a scheme whereby if you don't want your room made up you get £5 to spend in the bar/restaurant. One gripe - I can never get the electronic keys to work. A tip, try your key in the door to the stairs before going to your room- it will save you the hassle of having to come back down again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Sonya P, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear THATFOODIEMAN,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Aberdeen Centre - Quayside.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

I booked a twin room for £64 A night. When myself and my friend arrived we were given a disabled room, to which we could never have had a shower in. After complaining, we were swapped to a double room, the room itself was very small but was clean which was what we wanted. My friend tried to order a drink, to which she was ignored by the receptionist who spoke to her friend and never received a drink. During the night you could hear every noise and conversation from other guests which led to a rubbish sleep. If you are looking for a relaxing weekend then I would avoid this hotel but if u are young and looking for a base for drinking then it's okay for that

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Foodiegirliexx,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Aberdeen Centre - Quayside. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

We have stayed in the Ibis Hotel Aberdeen on three occasions now but sadly standards seem to be slipping away. The accommodation remains satisfactory for a budget hotel but the rest of it leaves a lot to be desired.

I was shocked at the unkempt appearance and dress of reception staff. Ibis have a reputation for casual dress but the guys who checked us in were downright scruffy.

The same 'scruffy' guys serve behind the bar and seem to have little idea about interaction with guests.

Our accommodation was pre-paid but not breakfast, so I went to reception to advise the lady now on duty that we would be eating in the Hotel and paid in advance for breakfast only to be challenged thirty seconds later by the same receptionist for my room number. The inference being that we were not entitled to breakfast. All this was a bit off putting and not at all what we had experienced on previous visits.
Having said all this the guy cleaning the lift was charming and in my opinion much more suited to 'front of house'.

Although budget accommodation standards in this establishment have certainly slipped with abysmal front of house staff and I think that we will use Jury's hotel which is in the same area in future.
Sorry to be negative but this is an honest review as we saw it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear BarnacleScotland,

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Two day visit to Aberdeen from Glasgow by Citilink Gold bus service which was a great start to our trip and will be reviewed separately later.
Ibis reception staff were friendly, check in was straight forward and the first time I’ve been checked in by a member of staff using a mobile phone.
The rooms were comfortable and clean. Good Wi-Fi in the room. Nice big shower
Breakfast was not quite up to standard - buffet style but fairly limited choice. Bacon and sausage was good but no egg variation ie scrambled egg or no scrambled egg and it was not as fresh or hot as I would have liked.
Overall though the Hotel was an ideal base for our short stay being 2 minutes walk from the bus station and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sonya P, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Dear SkelKilmanrock,

Reviewed September 23, 2018

I loved my stay at this contemporary style hotel. I would have given 5 stars, but my husband had breakfast and said it was less than excellent - fine, but buffet style and the scrambled eggs had been there a wee while and were not piping hot. But basically the hotel and our room was clean and airy - in fact our room was the airiest hotel room we have stayed in for a while. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I loved the pod style bathroom, so clean and crisp... Our room was quiet and a relaxing retreat in this busy, fun city.

Room tip: I have heard that first floor rooms have noise from the gym next door sure- if tho is a problem at night though?
  • Trip type: Travelled on business