All reviews apple tv grand room afternoon tea nespresso coffee machine boutique hotel queens road risotto wedding venue main restaurant bar menu little touches breakfast was amazing function room beautiful room mini bar lovely hotel wedding reception
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Exactly as I said above. Luke warm dinner is not my favourite thing .
Crumbled canapé mess not spotted and not cleaned throughout dinner .
Our glasses could be replenished sooner . It was hard to get a refill as bottles placed at the far end of the table .

Pity as I was here a year ago for tea . The tea was hot and cake lovely .
The staff were amiable enough . I guess the food were luke warm because they had to ensure all 9 in the party were served at same time .

The cost is not an issue as we regularly pay £100 per head dinner .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank 01Ella01
PhilippaN54, Operations Manager at The Chester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Hi 01Ella01,

A disappointing review following your dinner with us recently. I am unsure if your concerns on the food temperature were raised throughout the evening with the restaurant team as that would always be our preference allowing us an opportunity to rectify this at the time of dining,

Reviewed September 25, 2018

I spent three days in nice, tidy and clean room. Always when I come into the room it was fresh and with very good perfumed smell. If I using something from bath room, it was immediately replaced. View from the window is lovely. The room is absolutely quiet. The stuff is very friendly and helpful. I am happy to stay again in this hotel, as I like the location as well.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank arunzadeh

Hi arunzadeh,

A great review following you stay at the hotel and I am pleased to hear you were happy with your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed September 21, 2018

Booked the room the same day with no issue. This process was easy to do. Arrived later on in the day. Was shown to our room which was excellent. Went for food and drinks at the bar. Food and service was first class. Are at the bar in a booth instead of the restaurant. Recommend this if a more casual evening.Room was clean and nicely docorated with complementary water. Onsite parking was busy but we are still able to get a space, even with arriving later on the day. All staff were very helpful and friendly. Very comfortable. Would definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart O

Hi Stuart O,

I am pleased to hear you found the booking process easy. It is something we have worked on recently to make online booking for our guests accessible and friendly.

IX Bar is indeed great for informal dining and I hope you will have reason to visit us again soon to try IX Restaurant,

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Had a two night stay here for a wedding and the check in staff were friendly enough. We were in room 34 if I remember correctly which is what can only be described as a trek from reception!! The corridors are pretty narrow and don’t really allow people to pass by each other but they are decorated nicely. Unfortunately although there are several doors leading outside, you cannot actually get out them unless in an emergency. Quite frustrating when you can see your car from the window but have to trek all the way back to reception and out, still it keeps the step count up!! The room itself was very nice, lovely furnishings and some complimentary water in the fridge. The bed was comfy and large and the room appeared very clean. Unfortunately when I took a shower the next morning the overhead rainfall shower had jets shooting in weird directions!? On closer inspection I was appalled to discover that they were doing this because they were all completely clogged in a black sludge. I have never come across something so disgusting in a hotel room before (I estimate that it probably hadn’t been cleaned since installation) Thankfully there was a hand held shower head that I was able to use instead as I was short on time for the wedding we were attending. The breakfasts were very tasty although it would have been nice if you had got larger portions of what you ordered off the menu, for example even if you just had sausage and egg, you weren’t given any extra just a wee portion of each. On the second day the breakfast service was pretty erratic. We waited for 30 minutes without our order being taken whilst our friends had ordered and eaten and left in that time!! After our lengthy wait we were also chased out because they had a function coming in!
All in all it is a nice hotel, the food is decent, the service good but the shower head really let it down. Unfortunately we weren’t able to alert reception to this on check out as we were with the wedding party as they were checking out and didn’t want to make a fuss in front of them. Would make a return visit if the shower head was sorted.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
PhilippaN54, Operations Manager at The Chester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Hi Dundee1979,

Our maintenance team operate a strict cleaning regime for all our shower heads that rotates on a 6 weekly basis so they have been cleaned a number of times since installation.

I have passed you comments re breakfast and the service you experienced onto the restaurant team,

Reviewed September 18, 2018

We booked a grand super king room. When we arrived we were given a twin. My wife went to reception and we were eventually given a double room. Cooked breakfast was just warm. The coffee I had was just warm and no more.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PhilippaN54, Operations Manager at The Chester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Hi scottfindlay151,

A disappointing review having had some fantastic feedback from the Friends of Anchor event we hosted at the weekend which I assume you attended.

We have invested some considerable time and money in developing our breakfast offering and had your concerns been raised with us at the time I have no doubt that the staff would have been more than happy to replace both your breakfast and coffee.