All reviews apple tv grand room afternoon tea nespresso coffee machine boutique hotel queens road risotto wedding venue main restaurant bar menu breakfast was amazing function room beautiful room mini bar lovely hotel wedding reception waiting staff
Reviewed October 8, 2018

My wife and I had dinner in the bar on a Saturday evening. The food was excellent, well above average for bar food. The bar menu had staples, such as fish and chips, as well as restaurant style options such as souffles. The staff were friendly and efficient and the ambience in the bar very good; not too noisy and no cold draughts, where we were sitting anyway. Some reasonably priced wine bottles.

We paid about £100 for two, including pre-dinner drinks, three courses and a bottle of wine. These are typical restaurant rather than bar prices, but it was still good value given the quality on offer.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John R
PhilippaN54, Operations Manager at The Chester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi John R,

A great review of IX Bar which we are delighted to read. The bar team work hard to make each experience unique and accommodate any requests our guests may have for their favorite cocktail or make recommendations when needed.

I hope you will visit IX Bar again soon, or try IX Restaurant,

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Pretty building. Nice location in Aberdeen. A little difficult to get to my room ( long, circuitous hallways, stairs and multiple doors). Rooms a little small, no where to place suitcase except on floor or on bed. Staff helpful and friendly. Attached restaurant was good and convenient.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank michaelcarter9
PhilippaN54, Operations Manager at The Chester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Hi michaelcarter9,

Our hotel is housed in a series of listed interlinked 19th century granite buildings that do create a long building but you will find all bedrooms and access well signposted.

We have a few room types available at the hotel, depending on your occasion. Classic rooms are ideal for single travellers, Grand rooms are our mid range rooms often described as spacious and airy and our Club rooms that incorporate the top floor of the hotel. We also offer 2 suites within the hotel that offer our guests that little extra luxury and comfort for long stays or special occasions.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again,

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We recently stayed in the Chester Suite for our anniversary and the room was beautiful however the food was disappointing and the service was not quite up to scratch I think we will go back to The Marcliffe next year

Room Tip: Go to The Marcliffe instead
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela M

Hi Angela M,

I am sorry to hear that you found the food and service to be disappointing during your recent stay at the Chester Hotel. If you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me direct,

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We booked a night away for the two of us for the first time in a long while. Everything was really nice and the staff were excellent, I would have given 5 but for an issue with the hot water in our room. A nice hotel, I would stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric L

Hi Eric L,

Disappointing for us to loose a mark due to hot water issues that have now been resolved.

I hope that you will consider the Chester Hotel again,

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Exactly as I said above. Luke warm dinner is not my favourite thing .
Crumbled canapé mess not spotted and not cleaned throughout dinner .
Our glasses could be replenished sooner . It was hard to get a refill as bottles placed at the far end of the table .

Pity as I was here a year ago for tea . The tea was hot and cake lovely .
The staff were amiable enough . I guess the food were luke warm because they had to ensure all 9 in the party were served at same time .

The cost is not an issue as we regularly pay £100 per head dinner .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank 01Ella01
PhilippaN54, Operations Manager at The Chester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Hi 01Ella01,

A disappointing review following your dinner with us recently. I am unsure if your concerns on the food temperature were raised throughout the evening with the restaurant team as that would always be our preference allowing us an opportunity to rectify this at the time of dining,