“Lovely Food”

Northern Vaults
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Montrose
Cuisines: British
Reviewed January 30, 2018

We had seen this place while passing through Montrose and decided to try it out. we had a lovely welcome from the friendly staff and enjoyed an excellent lunch thereafter. It was busy but not overly so, and I recommend it to anyone who happens to be in the area. The frontage is not too attractive but do not be put off by that. The place is a little gem.

2  Thank Jim D

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Visited the pub last night for my husbands birthday and to watch the band. Had a meal before hand which was absolutely excellent, my husband is a big Indian fan and gordon the chef was extremely helpful and made an excellent mixed starter and a curry for him, which we pre ordered as it was a request. I myself had the chicken goujons which were also excellent. Can’t fault the service at all, fab night had by both of us! will definitely be back :)

2  Thank angelalx
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Looking for somewhere for a family lunch in Montrose. Actually walked past here a couple of times before the wife spotted the menu posted outside. Offered traditional pub fare at a reasonable price so in we went. It wasn’t that busy and had the feel of a good old fashioned local
Got seated and were making our choices when the cheery, friendly (not overly so but very genuine I felt) barmaid/waitress took our drink order. Upon returning with the drinks asked if we needed more time to pick our food. We didn’t and when ordered were told as the orders are cooked fresh there may be a delay ( nice to have a bit of honesty ).
As it transpired I didn’t feel there was a big delay.
To the food. Hot, flavoursome and plenty of it (especially recommend the mushroom soup and the chicken goujons).
Yep. We were all very impressed both by the food and the service. Definitely the place to come to for nice food and lovely service inMontrose

2  Thank rjsmi60
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place for a family meal, staff are always very polite food is amazing the 6 of us really enjoyed our meal kids plates were empty, great atmosphere will definitely be back.

1  Thank janeyc100
Reviewed December 18, 2017

Off all the pubs in Montrose this one must be on your publist if you want a good time it gets really busy here at the weekend. I have had some great times in Here.

1  Thank Laika100