“Great Food”

Ranked #19 of 56 Restaurants in Montrose
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

There were 5 of us in the party resturant was not busy Went for the buffet Good selection to choose from. Friendly staff well served good sized portiins served on warm plates.Nothing seemed to much trouble for staff.Always willing to refill water glasses This was not a first visit and will definitely return

1  Thank Keith S

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner on the way to our B & B last week. Place was deserted which normally isn't a good indication but it was a Wednesday night and so probably not their busiest night. We enjoyed a lovely meal. I had curry whilst my friend had sweet and sour. Both meals were served quickly and were piping hot. I liked that hot plates were used to keep the food warm. Service was okay. Not brilliant but not bad either. Would definitely recommend and would return here myself if I was in the area

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

A great dinner of salt and pepper ribs, blossoming duck, sweet chilli chicken, sizzling ocean freshness, chicken fried rice, Singapore vermicelli, bean sprouts, hot and sour soup. All food well cooked, well presented and very tasty.

Friendly attentive staff throughout and a fortune cookie that tells me that I am destined for greatness, what more could I ask, for, well a great deal actually, but this is not the moment to tell all.

Go and enjoy.

1  Thank Nicholas W
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Stopped off here last Saturday evening after a long day out in the surrounding area for hopefully dinner. I say hopefully as we first had to enquire to see if they were able to cater for my coeliac wife. The answer was 'yes'.
So in we went, and were shown to a table. Staff were very pleasant, attentive, polite and friendly.
I ordered a King prawn curry with egg fried rice, whilst my wife was able to have chicken and cashew nuts with egg fried rice.
Our dishes arrived fairly quickly along with a food warmer, and our food was placed on the food warmer.
Utter silence ensued for the next few minutes until our plates were both empty!
Food was truly excellent.
I would have loved to have awarded 5 stars but principle would not allow me to do so. If I see King prawn curry priced at £10 I don't expect to be charged an additional £3 for egg fried rice. Exactly the same with my wife's. I would rather if it had read something like - King prawn curry with egg fried rice, boiled rice or chips £13. What use is a King prawn curry without an accompaniment?
Complimentary prawn crackers were served with our meal...

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Read all the reviews here and was a bit worried but have to say the food was great and all the staff were friendly. Helpful with selecting portions so we didn't have too much.
Had some great dishes, the sauces were great, the beef was tender. Would definitely recommend and will come again.