“Lovely lunch - lovely location”
Review of Pavilion Cafe

Pavilion Cafe
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Montrose
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Description: Fabulous Cafe serving fresh food, all made on the premises. We offer up a daily changing variety of goods Former Victorian Bowling Pavilion which has been converted into a sympathetic café set in lovely gardens. Dog area.. Fresh Friendly Fabulous
Reviewed February 17, 2018

My second visit to the Pavillion, and 5* once again.
We both had the Croque Madam, but the menu is extensive, and lots of interesting dishes to choose from.
The Croque madam is a meal in itself, and was sooooo tasty. Sadly no room for cake, but last time I had Raspberry and White chocolate Cheesecake, and it was so delicious.
I love the quirky touches in the decor, and they really have made best use of the space. Thoroughly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2018
Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely review. Glad you enjoyed your second visit.
We do try very hard to please our customers.
Love my little café and the quirky décor
Please come again

Reviewed February 3, 2018

Perfect spot for lunch in a cold February day. Staff are friendly and welcoming and the menus well thought out. Husband had a chicken, avocado and bacon sandwich with a mug of delicious mushroom soup. I struggled to choose between options but settled on the omelette with cheese, bacon and spinach. Lots of care put into the dish which was well presented with a nice little touch of oven roasted tomatoes. Couldn’t resist taking a couple of homebakes for later. Highly recommend the cranberry and ginger cake. Less than £10 a head for a very good lunch. Can’t wait to return and my first choice place to eat in montrose.

Date of visit: February 2018
Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Brilliant review, a million thanks for taking time to post this. So glad you enjoyed your lunch and found my little café friendly and welcoming as well as well priced.
We do put a lot of care into what we produce and lovely reviews like yours make it all worth while

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

Lovely little cafe in a beautiful setting, with very friendly staff, happy to help.
Food was delicious and fresh.
This would have been 5stars but We are Vegan and did not have a lot of choice, I understand not everyone provides for the Vegan requirements but I was very upset with the extra 80p for soya milk in Latte meaning my coffee was £3.60 that’s awful steep considering you can get a litre of soya milk in Lidl for less than a pound. Bit disappointed and this puts me off coming back, which is a real shame as we loved it. It’s a little gem. Not a complaint, just an observation and suggestion. Any chance you could think of options for Vegans and not charge so much for the milk??????

Date of visit: February 2018
Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2018

Thank you very much for your review. I shall take on board your observations as I do think that customer feedback is very important.
I actually do cater for vegans. Not extensively on my menu as yet, as really there is not much demand to date , but my waitresses if asked by a customer about vegan food come to the kitchen to inform me. I cook most things from scratch as I like fresh dishes to be produced, I always have at least 2 vegan options available.
I am in the process of updating my menu and this shall have a few vegan options on it, as well as the option for a special dish of the day.
So until the new menus are in place, please do feel free to come in and inform the waitress you are Vegan. Or call ahead to let us know.
I am fully aware that Vegan is the biggest food trend to date and for the future. I am a small café and have little space to store food that covers every dietary requirement but we do try to please everyone hence the menu being tweaked to accommodate this growing trend.
Kind Regards

Reviewed February 1, 2018

I visit this café several times a month because the food is fabulous every time I go. Service quick, delicious menus and fresh specials every day of the week. I would recommend the chicken flatbreads and the chicken bacon and avocado sandwich, but honestly you could order anything and you would love it! I don't drink coffee but I am reliably informed it is very good, if you want wonderful food at a reasonable price then this is your spot for a sit down lunch.

Date of visit: December 2017
Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Fantastic !,Thank you for taking time to post such a glowing review,chuffed to bits with this.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

Welcomed into a busy Cafe

Lovely fresh food made to order. Wonderful tomato soup and grand fish finger sandwiches.

Staff lovely and very helpful.

Looking forward to another visit.

Date of visit: January 2018
Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your visit, see you next time for lovely fresh food