“Lunchtime”
Review of Pavilion Cafe

Pavilion Cafe
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Montrose
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Description: Fabulous Cafe serving fresh food, all made on the premises. We offer up a daily changing variety of goods Former Victorian Bowling Pavilion which has been converted into a sympathetic café set in lovely gardens. Dog area.. Fresh Friendly Fabulous
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

What fantastic place to go to eat . The staff are excellent. The food was delicious. I would highly recommend it

Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thanks very much for your cracking review and recommendation.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

What a great wee place and brilliant to see that it’s still as popular as when it opened.
Booking is definitely recommended, especially at lunch time!
We met for lunch and our reserved table was perfect, in the corner and plenty of room and able to chat easily. The restaurant was busy and everyone seemed to be enjoying lunch.
Due to my friend and I being health conscious, (yes I know I review enough restaurants you wouldn’t think so!) we asked if there was anything suitable and we were offered some very tasty options. An omelette made to order or a hot smoked salmon salad, with or without avocado and olives.
No contest for me with the salad as I love hot smoked salmon and I was not to be disappointed!
A beautiful salad with very tasty salmon, roasted peppers and other accompaniments. Excellent salad and well presented.
Staff were very helpful, refilling tea pots for ‘tea wifies’ like myself and absolutely nothing seemed to be any bother.
Thank you for keeping this place going! Well done.

Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

What a fantastic review. I am over the moon with this.
Nearly 3 years since the café opened and to be still receiving lovely reviews like yours makes me very proud.
We all try our very best to provide excellent customer service and food.
Thanks a million

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Nipped in here for a meeting and a couple of coffees. Was over a tenner for 2 coffees and a hot chocolate, probably market rates though. The coffee was actually tasty so much so I mentioned it. Would go back.
One thing, our table was reserved for later and the woman waiting on tables kept hovering a little which was a bit annoying.

Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. Coffee is great isn't it ? Its from Arbroath company Sacred Grounds, roasted fresh, ground to order and in my opinion worth paying more for.
Sorry about the hovering waitress. Had a talk to the waitresses and told them not to hover around customers.
Hope to see you again

Reviewed March 12, 2018

The Pavilion Cafe has been a great discovery. Always something new on the menu, interesting choices, tasty and beautifully presented home-cooked food. I can especially recommend the hummus and pepper tartines, and the butternut and peanut soup - just delicious. My colleague feels that the croquet monsieur's are better than the ones he has had in Paris. Top quality cooking in a warm and friendly atmosphere overlooking a lovely part of Montrose.

Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

A million thanks for posting your lovely review
So happy that you enjoyed the food, location and atmosphere.
Spread the word!

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely small place for meeting family and friends for coffee and their home baking or a delicious lunch - always something different on the menu. My last visit was with family visiting the town, so this little delight shows Montrose in a great light IMO.

Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely review and taking time to post it.
Love my little café and so happy it brings delight to my customers.