“Lovely takeaway and good restaurant too”

Stroma Bistro and Bar
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Montrose
Reviewed February 1, 2018

After our work Christmas party was held here to a roaring success I decided to give Stroma another try after we had the british food and hadn't rated it highly. The Indian curries are very good, we have ordered several takeaways and eaten in once since Christmas, all of which we enjoyed very much. The food is fresh and cooked well, the flavours are tasty and overall it is a very pleasant dining experience. They have recently upgraded to an online ordering system for takeaways which works very well after a few teething problems. I now use this to order takeaways from home and collect. It would be great if they delivered but I'm sure that will come later.

1  Thank Liz T

Reviewed January 5, 2018

We had a very nice meal although a couple of things could have been better - the waiter forgot two desserts so we waited to ask him so by the time they arrived ice cream had melted, two young teenagers could not manage the very large rice dish they picked so it would have been nice to have gotten it home with us or a smaller portion offered as we did not realise quite how large it was and I hate to waste food! Apart from that the food was lovely, the grey vegetable wellington was not my favourite but I chose it, sticky toffee pudding was tremendous and prices reasonable.

1  Thank yesitsme4
Reviewed January 3, 2018

Fantastic place to take any fussy friend or ideal for a family gathering where not everyone likes the same food, as there is a choice and menu to suit everyone no matter what you want. Wither its Indian quinine or European you are after its all there under the one roof!! I also hope you like big portions as for me way too much food if you can call that a bad point lol

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed December 28, 2017

Dinner for four just after Christmas. Really can't fault this restaurant. Taking my relatives to an ubknown venue so I was a bit nervous. Anyway, service is wonderful, friendly, attentive, but not overly so. Food beautifully presented and my husband who really knows his curries thinks it's one of the best he's ever had. The other dishes were equally good. Thank goodness we have this place in Montrose. Definitely go.

1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

I was really pleased with my meal at Stroma. The service was really good, everyone was really friendly and accommodating. The menu had so many different options, which made me worry that the food wouldn’t be great, but it was so tasty! And all really good value for money. All 9 of us that were dining couldn’t have been happier with our dining experience. Highly recommend.

1  Thank ke-anderson