“Comfort, Food, Warmth”
Review of The Old Inn

The Old Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Appin
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Description: Open Tues-Sat 4pm till close, food from 5pm Closed Sunday and Monday. Overlooking Castle Stalker in Appin Argyll
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Spent a few evenings getting acquainted with the great beer and food provided at this cosy little pub and could not ask for better. For myself the steak was cooked to perfection and they provided a fantastic vegetarian option for my other half. If you're in the area this pub really is a must visit. If you're not in the area, find a way to get there! 10/10

1  Thank Lewis A

Reviewed October 18, 2017

My wife and I stopped by the Old Inn based on the recommendation of our B&B hosts on a cold and rainy evening and were so glad we did. It was the best meal we had during our two weeks in Scotland! The restaurant itself is quite small with stone walls and is heated by a large wood fireplace. The staff was very friendly and the steaks we had were perfectly cooked and tasted absolutely fantastic. If you're passing through Appin or staying in the area, make a stop here for a meal. You won't regret it.

1  Thank Scallywag81
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

The Old Inn is about 20 minutes walk from a small caravan/motorhome park we were staying at. Excellent ale and burgers and looking forward to a repeat visit sometime to try the steaks.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

I love steak and so does my partner, but what we realised when we visited the old inn, is that you can cook a great steak all you want, but can you get the atmosphere to go with it?

We have driven hours to come to the coast, away from the bit city and our busy lives to really get knee deep in the local culture and this restaurant ticked all the right boxes!

I'm telling you for a fact, the steak (I had rump) was fantastic!! My partner had the sirlon and he also said the same. The prices were very reasonable too, We both had a main, desert and two drinks and we were under £60!

The restaurant itself is quite small and very cute! We didn't book a table, we just walked in but luckily we were one of the first so we got seated okay, if you are going to go, don't do what I did and just think it's going to be quiet on a Wednesday!Always be safe and book regardless.

The staff were very friendly, kind and laidback this added to the night, it really felt like you were a part of some ye-old steak family! Everything you needed to know was on two boards, it was simple, 4 cuts of steak, a couple other mains, some starters and two deserts. Choose what you want and order at the bar.

We will defiantly be driving the 2 and a half hours just to have that steak again.

Cannot recommend this place enough, just amazing!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Steaks to die for, lovely people, great beers, delicious puds, atmospheric setting ... what's not to like? Had a terrific birthday evening here and will most certainly be going back - not least because it's great value. Do yourselves a favour: give it a go.