Lowest prices for your stay
US$185
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews no lift loch fyne listed building cullen skink lounge bar lovely hotel loch view spiral staircase dining room comfy bed floor room road noise very pleasant stay large room nice breakfast local area short break
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for work and it was a pleasant stay, the room was at the back of the hotel which was nice and quiet, my colleague was at the front of the hotel and he had a poor night sleep due to road noise throughout the night.

My evening meal was absolutely fantastic and such a treat having a pint with it. The breakfast again was outstanding.

The room was clean and all the amenities were in plastic bags so you know they were covid cleaned. The shower was good and I loved the shower gel so much I've ordered some from the company.

The only reason for 4 * was the mattress, it felt a bit dated maybe it was just me as I prefer a firmer mattress but this one felt like the springs have had been well used.

With all that said I would definitely stay again

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank gerryvdb
Reviewed November 17, 2020

Stayed here for 2 nights. Booked through myhotels at a fabulous price. Lovely traditional hotel, warm and cozy. Our room had a wonderful view over Loch Fyne and was well appointed. This is an old building, so does not have a lift, being on the 2nd floor was a wee bit of a challenge, I'd ask for a room on the 1st floor next time.

What made this hotel extra special was the warm and friendly staff, they really couldn't do enough for you.

They have an outside area which is covered and has patio heaters were you can enjoy a drink or a bite to eat.

Thanks for the lovely stay, we hope to be back soon.

Room tip: Loch View Rooms are lovely. There is not lift in this building, so if you have any walking difficulties ask for a 1st floor room
1  Thank JeanPR361
Reviewed November 16, 2020

We are so glad we discovered this hotel on myhotelbreak and booked a four night DB&B stay. As I've said in some previous reviews of some other Scottish hotels, if you are looking for a homogenized, standardised, soulless, chain hotel experience, don't come here! This is a beautiful 18th Century listed building full of character on the shore of Loch Fyne. It has however been sympathetically upgraded. While there is no lift, there is a modern biomass heating system which keeps the whole building very cozy, and the water very hot! The bedrooms are a modern configuration with comfortable beds, 32 inch led freeview tv, and new ensuite with walk-in shower. Despite current covid difficulties, the food was amazing! Breakfast was hot and plentiful, served in the dining room. Dinner can be enjoyed either in the dining room, or the cozy lounge bar. Every choice we made was excellent, plentiful, and hot. Having three courses is a challenge! All the Staff are friendly and helpful, and covid precautions were meticulous. We will definitely be back the first chance we get when covid restrictions ease.

Room tip: All Loch View Rooms are Doubles
Reviewed October 27, 2020 via mobile

Good standard hotel throughout .. clean room good bed and shower nicely decorated. Nice breakfast and pleasant breakfast staff. Free Parking right outside hotel. Only critismism was that due to the Covid restrictions the hotel have decided to not serve alcohol at all ( apart from to your room ) this I really thought was poor . Several other hotels I have noticed have made the effort of providing a marque or shelter where customers can enjoy a socially distant drink.i want to continue staying with and supporting the hospitality sector during this crisis.but feel that if a hotel is unable to adapt to the situation and chooses to effectively close the bar they should perhaps reduce the cost of accomodation to reflect that the service is not available.We ended up using another hotel in Inveraray for evening drinks which did provide the above service.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2020

We had a lovely weekend in Inveraray and Loch Awe when we stayed here. My partner proposed to me and when we came back I mentioned it in passing to the night time staff. When we got back to our room there was a bottle of fizz and a congratulations card. We wanted to express our gratitude. It's really these simple and lovely gestures that make a place so memorable. We will be back!

Date of stay: October 2020