Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
US$65
US$59
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Loch Long Hotel(Arrochar)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
Agoda.com
The George Hotel(Inveraray)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,599 results
All reviewscourse taster menuloch fyneleisure facilitieshot tubsteam rooma la carte menucrerar hotelset menurelaxing breaklovely hoteldb bboth nightsnight breakrestaurant staffthe general managervenisongeorge hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed for 1 night dinner bed and breakfast at the end of january and were very impressed. Our room was spotless and the leisure facilities were first class...... we even braved the outdoor hot tub!!! Food was superb and Pablos staff were all excellent. We would highly recommend this hotel and will be back soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robert c
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay. Found the staff friendly, especially in the restaurant, and the food excellent - much better than I expected. Booked on a groupon deal and organised an upgrade to the room. Sadly this had not been noted, despite email confirmation, and we got no upgrade on first night, however, reception dealt with this and we were upgrade on the second evening. Our first room was fine and the second one was lovely, if a bit noisy when the wind rattled the old windows. Our one major disappointment was the spa - the steam room was dirty and mouldy and the repairs to the tiling looked like someone had stick tiles on with mounds of chewing gum, the outdoor hot tub didn't work (only one set of jets actually worked and even then it was poor, more like sitting in a dirty bath), hot tub had clearly not been cleaned in a while and the second time I went to use it I came straight back out due to "things" floating in the water, the changing room was filthy and clearly hadn't been inspected in a long time - very disappointing. Would go back for the food but that's all.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to a superior room or one of the suites.
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Just came back from an overnight stay for Valentines and I have to say we were very impressed! The location was breathtaking, the hotel was excellent with friendly staff and the food was delicious. Should be a 4****

Room Tip: ask for a view of the Loch
1  Thank Janet K
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Just returned from a two night break, Groupon deal for first night, special rate for second night given by hotel. Staff were welcoming, and extemely pleasant and courteous throughout our stay.

I had e-mailed the hotel the day before arrival, asking for a loch view room if possible. This request was met and weboth enjoyed the view very much. Worth noting that the loch view was over the rooftop of the bar and restaurant area. I'mnot sure that many rooms will have a loch view, so thanks to the hotel for meeting my request.

The room was in the original building of the hotel, was a little tired, but clean, warm, comfortable and quiet. The pillows were not to my taste and a request for a different type of pillow was met. Again my thanks as this did help me to sleep fairly well.

We were on a DBB rate and a set menu was provided with choices at each course. Choices from the a la carte could be chosenat an additional cost. We thoroughly enjoyed everything on offerand felt that the food was of an extremely high standard. The menu changed each night.Looking at other comments it seems to be on a rolling programme. The only substitution we made was a cheese plate instead of one of the desserts. The extra cost was £4.75 and was excellent value for the amount of cheese included as well as the presentation. Wine, water and beer(Loch Fyne ale and ice cold guinness) were all excellent quality.

There were many staff in the restaurant for whom english was not their first language. This did cause a slight problem when trying to make a request, but the members of staff did their best to understand, or get another staff member to help. All were pleasant and courteous.

I had a massage from the spa, although not booked on a spa break. The hotel was busy, but did manage to get me booked into the spa for the treatment, and I was very pleased they did. This added to my relaxation and the enjoyment of the break. Expensive, but worth it. I would consider a 'spa break' in the future.

We did not use the other leisure facilities so cannot comment on them.

I have only given 4 stars due to the fact that some areas of the hotel are in need of refurbishment, however this in no way detracted from our stay and we hope to return again in the near future.

Would highly recommend the hotel for a relaxing short break, including 'spa'.

Room Tip: I would request a lochview room.
1  Thank IFC
Reviewed 12 February 2012

just had dinner and sitting with my husband in the hotel lounge, felt that i had to review this hotel on trip advisor ,its the first time i have written anything before about a hotel, excellent value for money, the food was of a very high standard, just like being on a cruise as was the servise,the spa was also fantastic the pool being nice and warm, its the first time we have been in an outside hot tub in scotland and i have to say a nice touch to an excellent hotel so impressed with the loch fyne we have decided to stay another night and try their other hotel in oban , would recommend this hotel 100%

2  Thank jane b