Lowest prices for your stay
US$260
View deal
Travelocity
Booking.comUS$260
Orbitz.com
PricelineUS$260
All reviews crerar hotels nhs staff free weekend complimentary boat trip lismore suite classic room linguine the bar lounge area lovely dog night break amazing weekend hotel is fantastic hotel group welcoming hotel cheese board breakfast and dinner cold buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in July. The price for two nights was extremely high but the hotel rooms looked great on Booking.com so we went for it. Firstly, beware that there is no parking at the hotel and we found it a bit of a pain having to leave our car along the road and pay for on-street parking. It was especially disappointing seeing that some “VIP” guests with flashy SUV’s and sports cars parked into the disabled spaces (without blue badges) and others parking in the electric charging bays (despite their cars not being electric). The hotel can’t have one rule for some and different rules for others.

Secondly, the room was tiny and the “view” advertised when booking was of the generator outside the restaurant. There was no iron or mini fridge in the room which we found odd for a four star hotel.

Lastly, we asked for a couple of coffees at 10am in the morning and were told that the machine had been turned off for the day - a little perplexed by this, as was the lady on reception when we were checking out.

The communal areas of the hotel are very well presented and the bar staff were good. All in all, we felt it wasn’t a four-star hotel and definitely wasn’t worth the money.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc Gardner, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2021

Dear Adventure57838896473, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Guest feedback really is vital to help us achieve and exceed our guest expectations. I am very sorry that on this occasion we have failed to do that. I do wish I had the oportunity to discuss this with you during yoiur stay with us.
Due to our Esplanade location free parking is available a short distance away, I am currently looking at options to improve this situation. We do expect car owners to only park in areas of which they are allowed, and it is not acceptable if cars were parked in accessible spaces without the correct badge, or the correct engine type. Please accept my sincere apologies. We do have lots of different shapes and sizes of bedroom here at Oban Bay from our singles, petite double/ twin rooms, our Bay view doubles and our Bay view Junior suites that do have fantastic views over the bay. Although no mini fridge in our bedrooms, an iron and ironing board is available on request. Again, my apologies if this was not communicated to you.
With regards to your final point, I too am perplexed by this as we do serve Tea & Coffee 24 hrs a day here at Oban Bay. Please rest assured I will look into this with the team.
I do hope that you will allow me the opportunity to restore your confidence in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2021

On arrival we were addressed as you guys by the receptionist. As we are in our seventies we rather took exception to that. Then we discovered that was the normal form of address! But the staff were courteous & friendly and our room was spotless.
A word of warning to any one with access difficulties. Phone & speak to the hotel first - ours was a ground floor room but there were 21 steps to get to it - and the lift.
There was a car charging point

Room tip: Speak to hotel about access
1  Thank 4wheelsonmywagon
Marc Gardner, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2021

Dear 4wheelsonmywagon, thank you for talking the time to post your thoughts, and indeed for choosing Oban Bay for your break. Please rest assured no offence was meant during your welcome address here at Oban Bay, I do encourage my team to remain authentic however I will speak with them as all guests must be treated with upmost respect. I am pleased that you found them to be courteous & friendly and indeed that your room was spotless.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Oban Bay in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2021

We had a good stay at the Oban Bay Hotel. The staff were very helpful. We were not warned that we had to book for breakfast before we arrived and found they could fit us in until 9.15 when we would have liked to have been on the road by then. It was a bit annoying especially when we found the dinning room nearly empty when we arrived 30 minutes early for our booking. It was however a fairly long wait for our food.

Date of stay: July 2021

Dear 168jackiew, thank you for posting your review, and indeed for your kind words about my team here at Oban Bay. I am pleased that you had a good stay with us and that you found Oban Bay to be conveniently situated. Indeed, our Esplanade location has one of the very best views of the Bay in Oban.
I am sorry that you were not advised to book for breakfast, this should certainly have been communicated to you on check in.
I do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2021

I think we can honestly say that Oban Bay is one of the best Hotels we have stayed in anywhere in Scotland . The hotel is lovely with tartan decor with spectacular views over the bay. Food was delicious and sitting in the conservatory having your food with that view was something else . Staff were very welcoming and nothing was a problem. We will definitely be back and recommend the hotel wholeheartedly

Date of stay: July 2021

Dear BLeadbeater, wow thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review, it really is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and to be known as one of the best hotels in Scotland makes my team and I very proud indeed.
I do hope that you will visit us again very soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2021

Came up to the Oban, for one of my best buds wedding. Oh damn, from the get go the staff were on it making sure we were all cared for. The rooms are hella comfy and exactly what was needed after mega celebrations. Breakfast everyday was fantastic and certainly one of the best eggs Benedict i have had in a while. Don’t get me wrong the full Scottish is exactly what you need after a night of whisky and cigars.
Your are met with a stunning view of the bay every morning (which never gets old) and all though I didn’t use the spa some of our party did and they looked refreshed AF.
Everyone was great the staff, even in the trying times were just grand. You all made what was going to be a special weekend that little bit more.
Thanks guys, you killed it.
Adam Scott

Date of stay: July 2021

Dear RoamingHaggis, thank you so much for your 5-star review, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed the recent wedding you attended, and indeed our hospitality her eat Oban Bay. It really was a great weekend and I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team. Our Breakfast really is cracking and I will of course tell our breakfast chef of your praise.
Many thanks again and I do hope that you will visit us again in the future.