“Fantastic fish & chips”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Regularly visit.
Staff smiley, friendly & efficient always.
Great variety on menu although I usually have the fish & chips which are consistently good.
Lovely selection of desserts. Particularly fond of traditional puddings. Mmmm!
Reasonably priced.
Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed April 3, 2018

When you are in Dumfries and looking for somewhere relaxing for lunch, then the place that I'm about to review is the place for you, and that place is Cavens Arms located at 20 Buccleuch Street. I went to Cavens Arms for my lunch today and had an absolutely amazing lunch of their delicious haggis bake which was absolutely delicious and scrummy followed by a scrummy ice cream cake which was absolutely delicious washed down with orange and passion fruit j20 and which I would recommend. Other reasons why I enjoyed going to Cavens Arms are that the place is clean, the welcome is warm and the staff are friendly. I would recommend this place and I would return

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Been here many times before, brought my fiancée , step daughter and parents for a family meal. Food and service were great and very reasonable prices. Pate and the Mac and Cheese were unreal! Highly recommend! I can see why it wins pub of the year in Dumfries year after year.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Had been recommended this pub by a friend. First impression on arrival wasn't great as it looked rather dated. The inside decor was not much better. We were greated by a lovely friendly waitress and took to our table. Great extensive menu, options to suit all tastes. We had the burger roll and chips, great burger with wide choice of toppings. We did have a long wait unfortunately. Excellent selection of beers and ciders. Would return.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Decor not great but staff really are superb!!! They are excellent, as others have said.
Beer is cheap and food looks excellent!