US$80
US$74
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$102
Priceline
Southpark House(Locharbriggs)
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewstown centrequiet cul de sacpeter panhuge bathroombreakfast was excellenttrain stationwarm welcomehaggisbeautiful houseguest houseset us up for the dayfirst classconvenient locationgreat place to stayb and bdefinitely stay here againnight's sleep
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

A superb B&B, with well appointed rooms. The room we stayed in had a rear garden view and was very peaceful. It had lovely high ceilings that made the room light and airy. David was a generous host - even finding me two wine glasses! He accommodated our motorbike on a hard standing at the rear of his property which was thoughtful - thank you. The breakfast was well cooked and full of flavour. An excellent B&B!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2016

We chose to break our journey through Scotland by stopping in Dumfries at the start. The Glenaldor Hotel was the perfect way to do this. David the host was welcoming and helped with luggage and showing us personally to our room. There was free parking which is a bonus. The hotel is situated down a short road of only a few houses and was very quiet. The room was great. It was very clean, spacious and had everything you could need. The bathroom was amazing in that it was the size of a double bedroom with a bath which is always a bonus. There were original fireplaces in both rooms. Breakfast was served in a small but nicely decorated dining room. This was well cooked and nicely presented. The hotel is situated close enough to town to be able to walk.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Just home from an amazing time at Glenaldor House. I booked a (much needed relaxing) overnight stay for my boyfriends birthday after I read the great reviews. Glenaldor house is in a great location with great services nearby. The street itself is small for parking however the owner already had a space ready for us, there is also a next street over that offers parking too, if you park here you get to walk through the lovely garden! We arrived earlier than expected and I was concerned that we may have been turned away as this happened at another hotel before, however we were shown to our room quickly and the owner knew exactly who we were as we arrived, felt like a great personal touch! The room itself was beautiful, extremely homely and so clean, the bed itself was really comfy (one thing i noticed and kept saying to my boyfriend was how fresh the towels and bedding smelled, i could tell it was a really well kept room!). Was great to have a tv in the room and wifi also as many hotels do not have great wifi in the rooms. The bathroom was also lovely and clean, plus it was huge! Our room looked onto a well kept garden which was lovely in the morning. Breakfast was great too, we were welcomed into the dinning room and directed straight to a table that was all set beautifully, the plates, cups and cutlery were immaculate. I genuinely can not fault this stay. Overall it was perfect - just what we needed - a lovely relaxed time! I would definitely be back and have already told family about Glenaldor House.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Glenaldor House for one night when working in Dumfries. The room was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed . I couldn't get the free wifi to work but I didn't chase this up as I wasn't that bothered. Breakfast was lovely with plenty on offer. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in Dumfries

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
DavidIrving, Owner at Glenaldor House, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Hi and thanks for the great review it is very much appreciated. Sorry about the Wi-Fi but you should have came and seen me as I am sure we could have sorted it out for you.
Hope to see you again in the future. Thanks

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Close to the town and restaurants and very near train station.Good size room comfy bed Every where was clean and well decorated.The breakfast was ample and well cooked.The owner was friendly and helpful

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple