All reviewsincluding hairdryerhelpful couplestay there againlocally sourced producespacious roomfriendly ownersgreat place to stayguest housebreakfast was deliciousone nightoff street parkingwonderful hoststea trayyogurttrain stationminute walkmain road
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at Hamilton House for one night. Could not fault anything. The rooms were clean and extremely comfortable. Owners could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable going as far as offering to drive us to a nearby restaurant despite having a family function. Going to Dumfries this is the place to stay

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thebrit13
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

A warm, friendly and brilliantly located B and B, Hamilton House is a very good choice. The owners, Derek and Irena, could not have been more helpful. They dropped me off to meet my friends for the evening and had the perfect balance of being friendly but not overbearing. The room was comfortable and very well equipped, including hairdryer, toiletries and hospitality tray with biscuits. (Always pleased to see biscuits!) Perfect poached eggs in the morning too. A great place to stay, especially as a solo female traveller.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank AnnaTravelAnna
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Well, I wasn’t sure how much better this place could be. Excellent communication before my stay. The room was fabulous, clean AND had decaf teabags. And then...when was the last time YOU stayed anywhere and your host drove you in to town because ‘it’s easier’!!!

No waste on breakfast either, portions were huge. However, I asked for a small amount and received the perfect sized breakfast.

Couldn’t fault this place for my night’s stay. Quite literally, these guys couldn’t have done more for me.

Thank you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2017

Our stay started with a warm welcome. The room was spacious, very clean, well maintained with a modern bathroom. Breakfast was served on time and tasted great. The recommendations for places to visit and where to eat ensured that we had plenty to do and ate well every night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 217doug
Reviewed October 27, 2017

Hamilton House is a super B&B and a delight to visit. The rooms are extremely spacious and well appointed. The shower room was excellent and spotless. During our stay we had to call on the hosts to assist us in providing additional accommodation, Rena went beyond our expectations and helped resolve the problem with great efficiently even although it inconvenienced her.

The breakfast was delicious and served in a beautiful room, all cooked items were of excellent quality and without grease.

I would throughly recommend a stay at Hamilton House, our whole experience was a delight.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends