All reviews leisure facilities reivers restaurant swimming pool tribute night steam room and sauna elvis tribute trouser press kippers breakfast was buffet style golf trip course meal town centre night porter both nights bit dated great night weekend break
Reviewed January 18, 2016

Hotel in a good location and didn't disappoint for the price we paid. On check in we were advised our room had been upgraded. The huge room with a four poster was superb.
Staff in all areas of the hotel were friendly and helpful.
Food was good to average but certainly not awful and the service overall was very good.
Leisure Club was excellent and never too busy.
Overall worthy of my 4/5 rating and certainly nothing to moan about.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
MatthewWallace, General Manager at Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2016

Thank you for posting such a positive review following your visit to the hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed January 9, 2016

Firstly this is 100% genuine and solely my experience.
Stayed here recently ....first room was noisy but got it changed to a lovely room.
Unfortunately, no heating on but they did provide a plugged in heater in my room ?Bathroom heating didn't work all week.
Leisure facilities were good and enjoyed the steam room etc.
Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank MrT98
Reviewed January 4, 2016

This is our second christmas at the Cairndale and it was as good as ever. The entertainment was great it must be very difficult to keep everyone happy. The food was fabulous as always. We did hit breakfast at the wrong time but hey we are on holiday so rush. The staff as always are fab. They are a great team nothing is too much trouble. Thank you to Hassan who moved us closer to the front for the entertainment. Thank you to Douglas always smiling. I am terrible with names. So thank you all for making our Chrstmas stress free after a very hectic/stressfull year. Looking forward to 4 days next year.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank galaxycumbria

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to the hotel over the Christmas period.
As you know this is a very busy time in the hotel and we're always pleased to take on feedback so that we can make further improvements. I know that Hassan and Douglas will be particularly pleased to have been singled out for the service they provided during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back for Christmas 2016.

Reviewed December 28, 2015

So you're delayed on the Cairnryan ferry. It's late December, cold, raining and well past acceptable driving standards. You make a call to a hotel a few hours down the road and yes, they have a room. Mental calculations suggest you can push the kids a few extra miles and the kip will be worth the extra effort. You're told by the courteous hotel manager that there's a party going on 'till 1:00 am. That's OK you think. I have two kids and I'm used to noise. How loud can a party be? We make it safely despite the sub-Arctic conditions, have one of the best Indian meals of my life (Daksh) and walk back to the hotel around 9:00. A wall of sound pressure upon entering the hotel barely gave me time to quash the volatilised chicken korma I'd just eaten as it desperately sought more serene gastric solitude . Surely no one can listen to music this loud my kids signed to me as I picked my ear drums off the carpet. I texted them back, in bold "It only goes till 1:00. We'll survive". We did. Just. Fair dues - we were warned. But heed this - if there's a party going on, ask if you can join in. You might as well 'cause it's like it's in your room anyway!

Room Tip: Far, far away from the function room if there's a party going on. Otherwise, comfy enough!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick H

Hi Rick. I was sorry to hear of the problems with noise during your recent visit to the hotel.
As you know your stay coincided with one of the busiest nights of the Christmas party season and even although our party nights die down at 1am this can obviously disturb any guest who aren't attending these events.
I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused and ask that you contact me personally next time you're visiting the area so that we can ensure you enjoy your next stay.

Reviewed December 27, 2015

We booked quite late for a 4 day Christmas break to include dinner, bed breakfast, Christmas Day lunch and entertainment. Didn't really know what to expect but it exceeded everything we had imagined. Staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, food was far more than we expected and all was absolutely excellent. Extremely well organised when dealing with so many people and food service went like clockwork thanks to efficient staff and excellent management.
Our room was adequate with a large comfy bed and everything we could have wanted. Only downside was the entertainment. We didn't expect brilliant quality but several people gave up partway through the evening saying they were disappointed. However Kolin Grainger was excellent and got everyone up dancing and singing along and we thoroughly enjoyed his evening.
But we did have a great time and I would recommend this for a Christmas break. Everything was so well thought out and arranged - it was just a shame they couldn't have arranged for the rain to stop for the holiday period!!

Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulinehogg8

Hi Pauline. Thank you for your positive feedback following your visit to the hotel over the Christmas period.
It's always appreciated when our guests take the time to thank us for a job well done and your feedback will help us to make further improvements.