All reviews cereal bars first class clean ensuite tea coffee facilities in the room off road parking wonderful stay the bed was extremely comfortable within easy walking distance the location is perfect beautiful room lovely hosts great sleep biscuits home from home would definitely stay here again lovely house stayed here for nights
Reviewed October 3, 2016

I stayed at Lauren's house at March 2016. I put 6 months publishing a comment, certainly. Anyway I stayed 1 night only in this excellent bed & breakfast but I keep of it one very good memory. JIM always took care of us. She was always smiling and available so that we felt at home. We stayed in the purple room, very pleasant, well equipped room and SO BRITISH (maybe SCOTTISH?). We took some pictures at breakfast time wearing a cowboy hat, it was so fun. Note that breakfast was excellent and exquisite. We could also enjoy a brewed drink at tea time! If I had to come back to SCOTLAND, I shall return to JIM undoubtedly!

Room Tip: The purple room sounds perfect
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2016

Each year we go to Dumfries to visit our daughter, her husband, and grandaughter.
It is convenient for us to use a B&B and we use Lauren House. It was excellent the first time and each year sees the standard improve. Jackie and Jim who run Lauren House are perfect hosts and always make us feel special. Nothing is too much trouble and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here this month & was blown away. Greeted on arrival by Jackie & Jim - you instantly feel very welcomed and at home. Great rooms that had everything you would need whilst staying away, I was comfortable throughout my stay.

It was my first time in the area and both hosts made sure I knew exactly where I needed to go for food and how to get back. Was really nice compared to some other B&Bs I've stayed.

The breakfast is second to none, brilliantly cooked and tailored to whatever I wanted!

Would come back to Dumfries purely just to stay here, a superb B&B that is made extra special by the wonderful hosts.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Sent close friends of mine to Lauren
House, they reported back to me with a very positive review. They loved the place and owners, and say they will be returning on their next visit to Dumfries. I've recommended this B a B before to others and the reports are always superb.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2016

Location good, decoration first class, room fantastic, wide choice of cereals, yogurts, fruit etc for breakfast, with the hot selection beautifully cooked and nicely presented. Owner, Jackie, both warm and engaging. Overall in the words of Tina Turner, Lauren House is "Simply the Best"!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple