“Great Food at Great prices”

Lounge at The Hetland Hall
Ranked #50 of 145 Restaurants in Dumfries
Price range: US$65 - US$65
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Lots of choices and a restruant that caters for vegans. Food was delicious. House wine a little pricey at £15:00 per bottle, however bar prices okay.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

The menu on offer was exciting and enjoyable. Even the house wine was delicious. The price was certainly value for money. The staff were super friendly too! A very lovely experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

We visited for the first time in some years in November 2017 for a drink and decided that we would return and try out the food offering. This we did in January 2018. We were the only customers having lunch at midday and there were two other couples planning weddings. On the day the Hotel didn't seem to be so well prepared to accept diners, but we received our lunch in a reasonable time and we both enjoyed the offering. My Wife had the Beef Diane off of the main menu, which she thoroughly enjoyed. She being a small eater managed most of the dish and of course I had to "taste" it too? I took the two course menu and had the butterfly chicken breast and the profiteroles, which I enjoyed.
The only negative was the time it took between the main course and sweet. The staff member commented that they were busy, but we were the only diners at that time? We did overhear that the Hotel could cope with circa 200 covers for a function and our thoughts were ..."The best of luck with that". Since RAD hotels have only recently taken over the operation, they probably are still bedding in and hopefully the service will improve. We will certainly return in due course, since the food was worthy of the visit.

1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Went to try this place for a meal at lunch time. Thought of phoning in to book, you never know. Well did not bother and to be honest you did not need to as it was dead. Only 5 people were in for lunch. Mmmm wonder why? Had to stand and wait to be seated, were are the staff? Anyway once seated we asked what was the soup of the week young girl answered "don't know I will ask" ok. Starter was ok nothing special in my opinion. So had the steak burger for mains and I should of gone to mcDonalds, I was served an American style bun with a burger cheap finely grated cheese with its grease running and too much as it hadn't melted and was cold in the middle oh yes a small potion of chips too. That was it. No side salad, relish nothing. Really dry. Ok now for desert. Seen that they done a daily cheese cake, great. Asked what kind it was today and was told "don't know I will go and ask" ok no problem. I was told none left. Mmmm the other 5 that were in before us must of eaten it. The wife had a banoffie pie this was a bought meringue with a pile of runny bought toffee caramel over the top. Looked disgusting. So the staff were very helpful and food in my opinion is not as I would expect from such a grand place. See there's a lot of work going on , improvements etc. So hope that they can get the kitchen sorted as well.....I know now why the dining room was empty.

1  Thank 240bigtom
Reviewed May 14, 2017

excellent food good menu mid range and some expensive great aftrenoon tea beautiful surrounds great outside space beautififul veiws over the solway