“APPARELLING!!! ”

Add it.
Anvil Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 13 Restaurants in Gretna Green
Reviewed 26 October 2014 via mobile

- Staff were horrible not caring or organised.
- Reception weren't helpful.
- Rooms were vile to say the least not clean at all.
- Food was average and very overly priced.
- Well over booked, very packed.
- The bedroom was not comfy and squashed.
- Only brilliant thing this hotel has is Laura the wedding planner.
- WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! APPARELLING!!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Whilst staying in nearby Ecclefechan, we popped into the restaurant, as I had stayed at the hotel several years ago.
All I can say is that the prices have gone up and the standard of food had gone down. The food was nice, but if we had not been using my girlfriend's "2 for 1 Tastecard", it would have been a very expensive meal for a "chicken burger meal"!!
Would not recommend going there.

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Arrived on the 31st may 2013 we had pre booked a table, the decor was ok, the menu looked ok however that's were it all ended, I ordered the t bone steak and at £24 was not cheap! When it arrived it looked very limp and dry with a few paltry frozen chips and boiled to the death veg! My wife's roast pork looked like it had been microwaved to death, the potatoes were hard and smelt funny, however after I complained my wife got another meal which was slightly better, the staff were nice throughout and gave me a slight discount on the bill, my thoughts are they are charging 3 rosette restaurant prices but serving greasy spoon cafe food!!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

good quality food and plenty of it. Pleasant staff with nice surroundings

1  Thank alanRWhitleyBay
Reviewed 15 March 2012

it is o.k for a snack but not good value for money, we think its a little expensive for what you get, it feels like a cattle market. Not much atmosphere just like a cafe.

2  Thank loobylou1960