This is a lovely hotel, the rooms are rustic and clean, the food is very good with polite staff who genuinely care about your experience.
However, they need to amend their smoking areas. The two main front doors are basically a collection point for smokers, as soon as a door is opened, the stench of smoke wafts in....not good. Enjoying a drink or a meal is spoiled by this, I wouldn't return simply for this reason! Shame really, we really liked the actual hotel, and would return if this issue was sorted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gretna Hall Hotel is an ideal setting for your leisure break thanks to its great location, charm and character. Originally built in 1710 as a manor house, our hotel, set in 10 acres of beautiful gardens offers all the character of a substantial historical building with all the facilities you would expect from a leading contemporary hotel. We cater for weddings, family celebrations, business meetings and overnight stays and a very warm welcome awaits you at Gretna Hall Hotel whatever your reason for visiting us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Gretna Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gretna Hall Hotel Gretna Green
- Gretna Hall Green
- Gretna Hall Hotel Green
- Gretna Hall Gretna Green, Scotland