Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel
Hazeldene Hotel(Gretna Green)
US$66
US$78
US$52
Fern Lea Bed and Breakfast(Gretna Green)(Great Value!)
US$67
Bonnie Prince Charlie's Cottage(Gretna Green)(Great Value!)
US$80
Alexander House(Gretna Green)
Rhone Villa(Gretna Green)
Kirkcroft Guest House(Gretna Green)
TripAdvisor
Greenlaw Guest House(Gretna Green)
Gretna Hall(Gretna Green)
  • Restaurant
1,545 results
All reviewsthe penthouserose suitewedding packagebar menubalcony roomwedding partieswedding receptionlovely hotelbeauty salonfamily roomwedding nightreception staffanvil hallthe cottagesa la carte menuwedding breakfastamazing wedding
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We were only able to stay here one night but took a family room for our wedding night as our 6 year old (best man) was afforded a wonderful area to himself and a PS3 to entertain him (and yes on my wedding night I did end up playing Lego Batman before you ask!). The room was lovely and the fact that it faced the motorway made no difference.

The dinner was spectacular and the breakfast was to die for - our lad now wonders why all breakfast doesnt come with Haggis!

Oh and if you are there have a hot chocate with marshmallows by the fire and take in the views over the hills - wonderful!

Only complaint would be I have now had to fork out for a PS3!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Smiths-GG, General Manager at Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Peter. Superb. Playing Lego Batman game on your wedding night. No doubt a story that will be re-told over and over and on every anniversary. So pleased that you both (actually 3 of you) had a great time. Come back soon. Darren

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We've just spent a wonderful weekend in Smith's Hotel; it's our first visit after celebrating our wedding there three months ago and our third in all. It brought back that fuzzy feeling and the memories we had of our wedding. I particularly enjoyed watching the other wedding parties congregate in the bar prior to the walk across to the blacksmith's as I was ensconced in the bridal suite last time. The hotel was warm and welcoming in the cold weather, in fact we had to turn down the radiator in our room. Another lovely meal in the restaurant followed and I must recommend the Haut Medoc wine it was a 2004 and so smooth. I had the ham starter and my husband had the game. Both were tasty and set us up for the excellently cooked beef and lamb mains. Defeated I had to pass but my husband had room for the appealing melting chocolate dessert.

Room Tip: The bathroom in the Rose Suite is to die for, take along CD's because when you put on one of the two TV's it is piped into the bathroom where you have a double bath with disco lights!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Newbs. Great review. I think we may need to get you on some type of rewards programme for the amount of times you have been staying of late. Nice to hear that you got the chance to enjoy the hotel and food in a somewhat more relaxed mode and watch other brides and grooms deal with the joys and bustle that a wedding day brings. All the best for now. Darren

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Don't get me wrong this is a very nice hotel , good rooms , modern and comfortable nice and warm considering the temperature outside was way below freezing for all day and night! The food was very good and the breakfast OK if a little dried up due to the heat lamps in the bufet.

So what is the big let down - location. You will probably see many very good even excellent reviews but my guess is the did not stop in an odd number room ie 23, 25 , 27. Stop in one of those and you will have excellent views and sounds formn the motorway just yards from your window.
STop here but demand a room overlooking the front!

Room Tip: Ask for front of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Smiths-GG, General Manager at Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Many thanks for the post. and your honest views on the hotel, glad you enjoyed it. If you are a particularly light sleeper then of course request the front facing rooms (we get very few comments in relation to the back rooms, but i do appreciate some sleep sounder than others) and as always we will try our best to honour the request. Of course in an ideal world all of my rooms would face to the Langolm Hills, but alas some must face the opposite way. Thanks again for the contribution. Best regards Darren

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Arrived today as guests to a wedding. Service has been excellent so far. Cleanliness or lack of it has prompted me to write this review so soon. The toilet in our room was splattered with someone else's faeces, & there seemed to be some pink gooie substance dotted about throughout the room & bathroom. The room seems to only have been cleaned where dust could seen. On checkimg the top of a ledge my husband discovered a half eaten biscuit which looked like it had been there for quite some time!!! Actually found a Travelodge cleaner!!!
Food was ok, nothing special. There was however a child's meal given which contained garlic which is not something I think most children like.
I was so looking forward to coming here & am very disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Copagirl16

Thank you for the review, well appreciated. I will obviously investigate. There is no excuse for any poor housekeeping, certainly as described here and i am speechless that such a stringently checked area was so under par. I would urge anyone to let us know during the stay however as opposed to us not knowing until check out. or indeed until i read it on tripadvisor if there is any problem. We can at least then recify there and then with the maid who serviced the room. Thanks again for the feedback. Regards Darren.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed here on our way up to scotland in June 2011, It was a really nice place from the reception to the room. Modern and stylish. The restaurant was a delight with first class food. The view was great overlooking the wedding center across the road. The Blacksmiths wedding venue was a romantic place to visit as was the center in general. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks Julie on your (belated) post. You are clearly reminising on all of the trips you have enjoyed in 2011. I am so pleased that we have been a part of such lovely travel memories. Do come back again. Best regards Darren