Hotels.com
Priceline
Trip.com
Travelocity
1,822 results
All reviews rose suite the penthouse balcony room wedding venue wedding reception lovely hotel wedding night family room reception staff the cottages a la carte menu wedding breakfast wedding guests blacksmith shop buffet style first class following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2021

arrived friday for best mates wedding check in was quick and we had to give our card details,dont have a problem with that but thay took £60 as deposit?,ok still havent had it back so on the phone today!!they are breaking the law by taking money from peoples accounts without giving it back as soon as you check out,we there for 2 nights had to continually go to reception as we run out of towels,tea,milk and toilet tissue they say because of covid they dont clean the rooms until guests leave,the least they could do is service the rooms ,bar service takes about 20 minutes to get a drink dont know why plenty of staff,i have to say all staff were polite and pleasent,we ate there on saturday afternoon,my wife was sick afterwoods,as we had same food for mains the conclusion i came to seemed to be seafood starter,i should have made the reception aware of this but there was no one on reception when we checked out,cant prove it was food but,as my wife has never been ill before and it was only 2 hours after eating it would seem that was the case,hotel room shower mouldy overhall nice venue but needs some attention to detail room 18

Date of stay: July 2021
Stuart Grant, General Manager at Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2021

Dear john c

Thank you for taking the trouble to share your experience. Whilst I am pleased to read there were positives, I am truly sorry that these were outweighed by the shortfalls that you experienced.

I am concerned to learn of your disappointment where you received an inferior experience. I have discussed your comments with my colleagues to ensure that this level of service is not repeated.

Should you wish to discuss this further then please feel free to contact me where I do hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to demonstrate the high levels of hospitality that many of our guests do recognise us for.

Stuart Grant - General Manager

Reviewed July 13, 2021

Myself , husband and 2 children came to The smiths for a 2 night stay for my brothers wedding. Upon arriving the hotel seemed nice, we went inside to check in and all went ok - met by a £60 deposit charge which we were unaware of and 10 days after our stay are still waiting for this back!

Onto the rooms we go..

Dear nicolasQ3414GR

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor and for the feedback that you have provided.

It is important to us that every guest leaves the hotel satisfied and that they have enjoyed the very best service and facilities that we can provide, and I very much regret that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us.

Your comments have been taken on board and will be discussed with our team. It is our policy to take a deposit on check in to cover "extras" and i am sorry if this was not communicated to you. This should have been credited back to you upon check out. If you have not received this do get in contact with me at stuart.greant@gretnagreen.com.

Stuart Grant – General Manager for Hotels

Reviewed July 7, 2021

We finally got to meet with Family&Friends for Sister-in-Laws wedding
Hotel & surrounding area is very well kept, although food was nice and our room was comfortable.
They must be quite short staffed, ordering drinks could take a while, there seems to be three or four members of staff doing one order especially when its more then four drinks, when it came to ordering breakfast and eventually being served breakfast, it took thirty mins, to take order.
A member of staff would take you to your table ask if you wanted tea or coffee and not return with your ordered drinks.

Room tip: All rooms well located
Date of stay: July 2021

Dear sharon b

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Smiths.

We do value the feedback that we receive from our guests and where we are truly sorry to read that you were let down by us. I will be reviewing the points that you have kindly commented on with our team to ensure that these opportunities are addressed. We have recently recruited a number of new colleagues who have and are continuously evaluated and trained and I am sorry that this was not evident.
If I can assist you in any way or should you consider returning do feel free to contact me directly at stuart.grant@gretnagreen.com.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Gretna Green.

Yours sincerely,
Stuart Grant - General Manager for Hotels

Reviewed June 26, 2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you recently. We had dinner in the restaurant and the meal was fantastic, top marks to the chef, our steaks were perfect. Also we must mention our waitress Angela (from Poland) who was so attentive. The breakfasts were first class. Well done to everyone at Smiths.

2  Thank LadyGunslinger

Dear LadyGunslinger

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback following your recent stay at Smiths. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the hotel from your dining experience, to our friendly and helpful team. It will be a pleasure to share this kind feedback with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Gretna Green.

Kind Regards
Stuart Grant - General Manager

Reviewed June 26, 2021 via mobile

We stayed in the Thistle Suite for our wedding on 25th June. I'm told this is the best Suite in the Hotel and it didn't disappoint. The room is tastefully decorated. Has a massive tub that fits two and a double walk In shower. The views from the Terrace are stunning. We did not hear the other guests at all. You can hear some noise from the nearby road but it did not effect our stay. The food at the Restaurant was suberp including our Wedding Meal. The staff were very attentive and made our stay magical. The ladies at the Salon did an amazing job of my hair and makeup. I have no problem recommending this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear princessruns

Thank you for your amazing feedback of your recent stay at Smiths. I am glad that you chose our hotel to celebrate such a special occasion.

Thank you for your kind words about the outstanding service you received and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the team here.

I truly appreciate you recommending our hotel to others and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Our very best wishes in married life together.

Stuart Grant - General Manager for Hotels