All reviews bobotie build your own burger secure bike bike wash biking roads steak and ale pie friendly hotel local knowledge motorcycle tour of scotland booked a table arbroath smokie evening meal great meal staff were welcoming warm welcome sunday lunch dog owners
Reviewed June 23, 2016

Everything about the Buccleuch Arms is good. Great location as a stop on the way to the Highlands or for exploring Dumfries and Galloway. Good value hotel with comfy rooms, good food, big breakfasts, friendly service and a rocking basement bar on Saturday nights (if you like that sort of thing of course) And if you are a biker, its got everything you crave - secure parking; plenty of space, great roads on the doorstep and an owner that really knows how to look after touring bikers. This is our second stay here and I'd go so far as to say a trip to Scotland shouldn't, no mustn't, be done without a stop at the Buccleuch. Just don't forget your flares for Saturday night.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martyn S
Reviewed June 23, 2016

Just a review of the restaurant as we only ate here - didn't stay - we had food in the bar area, burgers all round and they were excellent (they do a sort of build you own burger job). Also dog friendly - loads of bikers in there who all made a right fuss of gthe dog.

Good value and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2016

Stayed in Moffat for a night on 4th June this year, were looking for somewhere to eat and started chatting to some bikers outside the hotel, who thoroughly recommended the food! We booked a table for that evening and were not disappointed!! My husband had a Dry Aged ribeye with squid kebab and I had a smaller flat iron steak (myself not being a hearty steak lover), was really impressed, it was so tender and mouth watering!! My husband eats steak regularly and said ... it was the best steak he'd had in a long time! Our Border Collie was welcomed too and given some biscuits! We definitely will return on our next trip to the North. Well done guys!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2016

I have been into this Hotel on a number of occasions with my Husband and each time I have asked for a cappuccino and each time I get the same response a big annoyed sigh and a raising of eyebrows! I have never been anywhere else and felt such a nuisance for asking for a coffee, you would think he was having to go and hand grind each individual coffee bean such is his annoyance. I will certainly head somewhere else in the future for my coffee.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Buccleuch A, Owner at Buccleuch Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2016

From the outset we genuinely and unreservedly apologise to Kankan123!

We are trying to identify the individual but this will be very difficult. However, this review will certainly help us in our training and highlights how facial expressions and attitudes can affect a guests experience and the importance of getting it right every single time.

Can I take this opportunity to remind all guests and potential reviewers that calling in a manager or an owner will be so much more helpful if that hotel or restaurant is serious about running a good ship. Whilst we encourage reviews we also do ask our guests sincerely to talk to us so that we can get down to the bottom of things. Simply if it's a case of helping an outlet and fixing a problem nothing will beat the courtesy of speaking to someone in a senior position.

Reviewed June 19, 2016

We spent three nights at this great hotel in Moffat whilst on a motorcycle tour . The guys that run this place are fantastic & go to another level to accommodate your needs as a motorcyclist. We will be returning here without fail on our next trip to Scotland

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends