“Excellent every time!!”
Review of Cafe Montmartre

Cafe Montmartre
Ranked #1 of 406 Restaurants in Dundee
Price range: US$24 - US$33
Description: An intimate warm and friendly dining experience for all occasions whether you are popping in on for a coffee while passing or coming in to enjoy a beautifully prepared lunch, early evening dinner or A la Carte meal. We take bookings for all types of occasions, birthdays engagements, St Valentines, Christmas and more. Please call us to discuss your requirements or to make a booking.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch yesterday. I always have the prawns as they are to die for. Terry is the perfect host. He made the portion slightly bigger so I could have them as a main course. Salad to start with. Lovely glass of port to go along with a very delicious cheese board!!

They do different specials daily and I am always more than satisfied with my experience here.

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed this meal. Authentic rustic homely french cooking with classical choice such as escargot or terrine starters and coq au vin or pork shank melting in your mouth for mains. Excellent ambience in cosy about 26 seater with friendly french proprietors great wine choice handy on the perth road. Will undoubtedly be back. This was a lunch look forward to evening relax sometime. Very well priced too perhaps reflecting the student area. 2 course £18. If you visit Dundee you must check it out

Reviewed May 15, 2018

I have been coming coming to Cafe Montmartre for two years. As a french student in Dundee, whenever I came to Cafe Montmartre it felt like being back home. The food is outstanding and the service excellent.

I had dinner last saturday with friends to celebrate the end of our degree and everyone loved it! I had the spicy merguez with the harissa sauce as a starter, the pan fried Halibut with baby spinach in a beurre blanc and lobster sauce from the specials board as a main and creme brulee for dessert. I am leaving Dundee soon but I will definitely be back to visit!

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Met there for a business lunch. Nice atmosphere and well presented. Good service - had prawns, then hot smoked salmon salad then chocolate meringue. All very nice - tasty and well presented. No adverse comments but not sure why it’s number one. That concerns me as to what others are like!

1  Thank Totti M
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Visited with a small family group for our son’s birthday......his choice. Lovely meal. Good service. Reasonable prices. Having been in Paris visiting friends last month, can vouch for the authenticity of the place. Well worth a visit.