This hotel is only a couple of minutes walk from Dundee city centre and about 5-10 minutes walk from the cultural quarter and lots of decent pubs and restaurants. The waterfront project which is ongoing will make this area very desireable in the near future, with the new leisure facilities and the Victoria and Albert Museum nearby, so the hotel is ideally placed for entertainment. Dundee city has improved vastly over the last 10 years or so and I believe cleaner and friendlier than other Scottish cities, but as it is a bit smaller .
Hotel exterior is modern but similar to a lot of modern buildings that are going up these days. Interior is fresh and bright and has a link to Gellatly St. car park to the rear which provides reasonable value secure parking, which is a lot cheaper than in other cities such as Edinburgh. Rooms are basic and freshly decorated, although our room did have some pink mould in the shower and also the coffee cups were not clean and I had to wash them. There were no comments cards in the room. For a fairly new hotel, there were quite a few marks on the walls and carpets. Check-in was quick and the lady on reception was very friendly and efficient. The room we had overlooked the front of the hotel and although the road outside is very busy all the time, the windows were good and kept the noise out, although the room got hot so we had to keep the window open for a bit. The bed was soft but comfortable, with good linen. The shower was powerful and there was shower gel and soap provided. The breakfast buffet had a small variety but it was ok. A lot of stuff ran out when I went down for breakfast, and it didn't look as if it was being checked often enough, but for the price it was ok. Reception had a vending machine for snacks and an ice machine. Unfortunately I couldn't request a double room when I booked directly with the hotel, which is a bit poor if you ask me, but I requested one in the comments box and I was given a double, so that was ok. So all in all a good budget hotel perfect for a sightseeing break or weekend in Dundee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Dundee is a stylish hotel offering an inclusive Express Start breakfast with hot options. Within the hotel there is free wireless internet access throughout. All 95 bedrooms offer freeview television, complimentary tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer and power shower. Holiday Inn Express Dundee is perfectly located in the heart of Dundee City Centre just a 5 minute walk from both Discovery Point & RRS Discovery and HM Frigate Unicorn. For sports fans Holiday Inn Express Dundee is within easy reach of the Dundee International Sports Centre as well as Dundee United Football Club and Dundee Football Club. The hotel is perfectly situated for the Train Station and Bus Station and only a 5 minute taxi journey to Dundee Airport. For the keen golfers the Holiday Inn Express Dundee is well situated for Open Championship golf courses such as St Andrews and Carnoustie. The hotel has 2 great value meeting rooms which are modern, informal and ideal for presentations, interviews and training. Everything you need is included from audio visual and projection equipment to stationery. Buffet lunch and snacks can be arranged at an additional cost. Parking is available in the nearby Gellatly Street Council Car Park with an access bridge direct to reception from level 3 of the car park. Parking is free between 6 pm and 8 am with charges applicable outwith these times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dundee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Hotel Dundee
- Dundee Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Scotland, UK