All reviewsreading roomgames roomshared bathroomno liftsingle roomcentral locationspent nightsa great staygood sizedormcupboardinternettvroommatesfacilities
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Good, clean room. Bathroom next to me out of order but another one just along the corridor. Not everyone's thing but brilliant for me. Was on my own, out with pals and didn't want to spend £85 in another well known chain of "cheap rooms....!"
Good comfy bed, easy to find. Polite staff on reception. Was very quiet all night
(was midweek) All in all a fine place to stay. Thank you

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Allan K
Reviewed January 8, 2017

I stayed at this hostel for three nights. The check-in assistant manager a Polish guy called Piotr was miserable and rude and looked like he wanted to be elsewhere. The initial room was very nice with an on suite bathroom except the lightbulb i the bathroom was not working. I politely asked Piotr if he could replace this but he did nothing. Then on my third day I was moved to box room with no bathroom without warning. At 5am in the morning the fire alarms were activated by a staff member with hairspray and I could not get back to sleep. Most of the staff live in and work for free in exchange for a bed and you can always notice these places as they took over the TV room and took exception to paying guests attempting to watch something different.

The kitchen was filthy especially all the frying pans which were in a disgusting un-usuable state. Some one stole my food and put what they could not eat in the free cupboard. All in all the place was dreadful and when I left a poor but fair review on the hostel world website the hostel had it removed and Polish Piotr wrote to be barring me from the property. This is my experience you were warned!! AirBnB in Dundee are plentiful and cheaper than this place.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are quite as the front is noisy at nighttime.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Gearóid J
Reviewed October 14, 2016

Ensuite single room with double bed.warm and clean....wifi...shared kitchen and social facilities if required.in the very centre of Dundee.Great value..Remember photo I.d.and pay cash if possible .£5 returnable deposit on your key.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2016

My friend and I just wanted a wee night out in Dundee and came across this as a great cheap option to stay. The staff on reception were very welcoming and directed us to our room. We noticed quickly how quirky the decor and the layout of the building was however this was something we enjoyed. We were pleased to see other groups of people sitting in the communal areas socialising and felt that this would be perfect for a group wanting to get together and not pay the price of a fancy hotel - something we will definitely do next time. Our room was clean and looked after and although we didn't have the ensuite, there were plenty bathrooms all over the place and we luckily had one just through the next door. The shower was in a separate cubical within the toilet which had a locking door - this was great as you had plenty space and everything to get ready (unlike other hostels where its more open).
The common room was a highlight and a good place to chill out on the sofas after a night out. The hostel also has a kitchen which would be great for a cheap easy option to cook some food rather than going out.
We felt it was like being a student all over again but it was fun and if that's what your looking for then great! Wasn't too noisy if you weren't though.
Happy :)

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heather T
Reviewed September 29, 2016

Very basic room, which was clean and tidy,decor was nice except for the plaster that fell off when we shut the big sash window, that looked down onto the square in front of the Caird hall. We didn't book a breakfast but there was a macDonald's round the corner for a macmuffin. Lots of steps up to our room, at the top of the place. My only thing that I didn't like was the shared bathroom, as not everyone knows how to leave a place for the person coming behind them and the iffy looking thing sitting in the bottom of the shower cubicle made me glad I went the night before, for ma shower. YUK!!! Not rushing to book anywhere with a shared bathroom again. Then again, wasn't the fault of the hostel, though.

Room Tip: Supposed to have wifi but we couldn't find it
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family