All reviews reading room games room shared bathroom no lift single room central location spent nights a great stay good size dorm cupboard internet tv roommates facilities
Reviewed April 28, 2017

Spent 2 nights in a single room - really pleased I spent the extra and not went into a dorm. My fellow travellers were, to put it bluntly, ignorant! But the Hostel has a great central location and all the facilities one needs. A lot of stairs so need to bear that in mind if one has heavy bags, did not bother me. Guy behind reception was Okay and helpful. Kitchen was always untidy with blocked sinks and nowhere to keep anything as all the cupboards, fridge etc were full. If I smiled, spoke or anything to any of the fellow travellers they either ignored me or looked at me as if I was an alien. Come on we don't all travel in groups!.
Would I go back defo on my own a single room not much more than a dorm, with someone else yes a dorm. But please sort the kitchen out, tidy it up and unblock those sinks.
A Hostel well worth the money and to visit, the ground floor is quirky the top half is newer, just bear in mind no lift and a lot of stairs.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kairlan M
Reviewed April 24, 2017

I was in this hostel the last week. I'm from Barcelona but actually I'm living in Edinburgh and I'm traveling as much as I can to all Uk. From all the hostels that I was in this last 20 months this is the best.
The staff was really helpful and approachable all the time (I would like to mention Piotr, Miko and Miriam). They were lovely. I had a problem with my camara's charger and Miko and Piotr got me his and I could took pictures.. thank you so much for your help guys!. Miriam told me a lot of recommendations to do in Dundee and in Stonehaven.. and I had an amazing days.

The rooms are really clean and the mattress comfortable.
The localization was perfect, next to the bus stations and in the city center.
Also this hostel has a readingroom, gameroom, more then one leavingroom, sofas, TV with subtitles, the kitchen has a lot of accesories and all clean (I was really lucky that I was with roomates ...)

Yes, for the customer service and for all that the hostel has ... 5 stars!

I Rreally recommend this!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

Cheap, great value for money, £40 for 2 nights in my own room. Shared bathroom facilities but at that price you cannot complain. Am sure I will be back there again. Bring ur own towel as they dnt seem to supply them. Secure lock at bottom door, friendly staff and a security card to get in and out your room.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed February 21, 2017

The room was very warm when 8 people were in it. One of our party was injured on a broken part of the bed. We found little army figures and flowers in our room along with cider caps. Luckily there was an old man who helped us in troubled times like being locked out. He was great for general banter too. He was also there for all our drinking needs. The oven was not very good for heating up food. Good selection of movies and music. The layout was very hard to understand but luckily old man helped us. Shout out to Oldman. Love u 血を澤典太をと

Room Tip: The games room is a good place to stay
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RickHarris0n
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Good, clean room. Bathroom next to me out of order but another one just along the corridor. Not everyone's thing but brilliant for me. Was on my own, out with pals and didn't want to spend £85 in another well known chain of "cheap rooms....!"
Good comfy bed, easy to find. Polite staff on reception. Was very quiet all night
(was midweek) All in all a fine place to stay. Thank you

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo