All reviewsreading roomhigh streetgames roomshared bathroomno liftsingle roomcentral locationspent nightsa great staygood sizedormcupboardinternettvroommatesfacilities
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I stayed in the double room upstairs, ensuite.
I didn't use the kitchen nor did I even see it.
So I didn't fully immerse myself in the hostel way of life - but it was comfortable for the price.
The location was fantastic - right on the high street.
I was there for 1 night, prior to the Dundee marathon - the hostel were kind enough to look after my bag while I ran. After the race - I picked up by stuff and went to the hotel.
The staff are friendly.
Just remember to bring your own towel. £5 cash refundable for the keycard.
Also, be prepared to climb stairs - there are quite a lot of stairs (no lift).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

The location is great in the city center. The hostel is an interesting structure. It has plenty of space to cook, read, relax, etc. The staff, however, are useless and do not seem to know what they are doing nor seem to know the area very well. They could not help me very well with where I wanted to go. They also charge a high key deposit that they did not give back to me. I would not go back unless they hired more professional staff.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2017

Spent 2 nights in a single room - really pleased I spent the extra and not went into a dorm. My fellow travellers were, to put it bluntly, ignorant! But the Hostel has a great central location and all the facilities one needs. A lot of stairs so need to bear that in mind if one has heavy bags, did not bother me. Guy behind reception was Okay and helpful. Kitchen was always untidy with blocked sinks and nowhere to keep anything as all the cupboards, fridge etc were full. If I smiled, spoke or anything to any of the fellow travellers they either ignored me or looked at me as if I was an alien. Come on we don't all travel in groups!.
Would I go back defo on my own a single room not much more than a dorm, with someone else yes a dorm. But please sort the kitchen out, tidy it up and unblock those sinks.
A Hostel well worth the money and to visit, the ground floor is quirky the top half is newer, just bear in mind no lift and a lot of stairs.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kairlan M
Reviewed April 24, 2017

I was in this hostel the last week. I'm from Barcelona but actually I'm living in Edinburgh and I'm traveling as much as I can to all Uk. From all the hostels that I was in this last 20 months this is the best.
The staff was really helpful and approachable all the time (I would like to mention Piotr, Miko and Miriam). They were lovely. I had a problem with my camara's charger and Miko and Piotr got me his and I could took pictures.. thank you so much for your help guys!. Miriam told me a lot of recommendations to do in Dundee and in Stonehaven.. and I had an amazing days.

The rooms are really clean and the mattress comfortable.
The localization was perfect, next to the bus stations and in the city center.
Also this hostel has a readingroom, gameroom, more then one leavingroom, sofas, TV with subtitles, the kitchen has a lot of accesories and all clean (I was really lucky that I was with roomates ...)

Yes, for the customer service and for all that the hostel has ... 5 stars!

I Rreally recommend this!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

Cheap, great value for money, £40 for 2 nights in my own room. Shared bathroom facilities but at that price you cannot complain. Am sure I will be back there again. Bring ur own towel as they dnt seem to supply them. Secure lock at bottom door, friendly staff and a security card to get in and out your room.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends