“Yummy takeaway, easy to collect”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mayfair Gardens Chinese Takeaway
Ranked #263 of 437 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 27, 2017

Got takeaway through Just Eat. Collection was easy. Food was good. We all loved the mini duck spring rolls for starters. Not so much sauce in the Kung Po but my husband would have it again. Oyster sauce had a stronger flavour than I am used to but was lovely.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed September 30, 2017

Used to be a regular customer of Mayfair Gardens, and so disappointed that I won't be able to go there again. I order online using just eat, and don't think I have had to speak with Mayfair on the phone tonight, and having done so tonight, I was extremely disappointed.

Ordered using just eat, which said it would take approx. 45 - 60 minutes. Mayfair accepted the order, and gave a new delivery time which meant it would take 75 minutes. When the 75 minutes was almost up, I rang to double check they were on their way.

The lady on the phone got extremely argumentative and kept trying to 'explain to me' why the time given was 75 minutes, telling me several times that they get the order from Just Eat, and then that she 'picks the time that suits them because they are busy'. Despite telling her I understand this, and that my concern was that the time given was just a few minutes away, and that it looked like it would not be here anytime soon (she had said earlier in the conversation that the delivery driver had to leave with a few other deliveries, deliver those, come back get my order and then come deliver mine), and that the 75 minutes looked like it would be a lot, lot longer, the staff member on the phone kept ignoring my concern that the food was going to go take a lot longer (possibly the best part of two hours from what she was saying), and kept arguing back that she wanted to explain to me why I was told it would take 75 minutes.

This does not make sense, as I had told her twice that I understood what she had already explained to me about this, and that I was making a different point back in response. And yet she kept arguing and 'trying to explain' to me why I was told it would take 75 minutes.

The strange thing is that she seemed to have very good English, yet her comprehension and communication skills were atrocious. The food is usually nice, so it's so disappointing to hear what awful staff they employ.

Perhaps she was busy and stressed as it was a Saturday evening, but even still that is no way to interact with your customers, and of course if you're busy then spending time arguing with customers, and insisting on explaining things to your customer several times that they've already said they understand is really not going to help much.

Date of visit: September 2017
2  Thank AFromDundee
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Service was fast the lady was very friendly nd chatty, food came quickly nd was good value for money and really tasty

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

This is the only restaurant I've been too which has no sauce in the chow mein. Literally noodles and chicken. Rubbish

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed June 23, 2016

I ordered Salt and Pepper chicken and fried rice. The salt and pepper chicken was not good at all. The chicken seemed over cooked and some of the chicken seemed dried out and a dark batter or coating on the chicken. The onions and peppers and chicken were slightly greasy or coated in oil. I couldn't eat the meal,I had to throw the meal out.

Date of visit: June 2016