“Decent but... ”

Mordentes Fish and Chips
Ranked #191 of 422 Restaurants in Dundee
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Ordered the jumbo haddock. Was amazing huge and tasty but if I'm paying that price... YOU OUGHT TO GIVE ME A JUMBO PORTION OF CHIPS COME. ON TAE FUDGE.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

My last visit was in September 2016, when I submitted a negative comment regarding their greasy fritters.

This time, on the way home from a fantastic on-screen West End performance of 'An American in Paris' at DCA, I popped in near closing time for a small fish and their final 3 fritters. Fast, pleasant service, and I was charged for only 2 fritters as the other was kinda small.

Greasy? Well, yes, they were, but I'm deducting no Brownie points this time as the food was very tasty, and I love their batter... and banter!

1  Thank Jimmy S
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Staff were friendly, helpful, knowledgable about special dietary requirements. The place was clean and tidy, everything was freshly made, and super tasty. Chips are cooked in separate fryer in vegetable oil so are completely vegan and should be suitable for all dietary requirements.

1  Thank IHeartKhaleesi
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

One of my favourite chip shops and great value! Very few better in Dundee. Also best fritters in Dundee

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

I order often for delivery or go in to pick up order. Staff always friendly and food is always fantastic, hot and fresh. If could rate 10 out of 10 believe me I would. Keep up the great food and banter folks. Paul