“Fast, fresh, and tasty”
Review of Jushi

Jushi
Ranked #111 of 396 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: Dundee's first juice and sushi bar takeaway Serving freshly made Juice, Smoothies and Sushi.
Reviewed 13 March 2015

I've been in here twice now to pick up a quick lunch, and the sushi has been delicious and fresh both times. The fried sea bass nigiri is really good, and the tamago nigiri is spot on too. The smoothies are also pretty good. The only thing that let it down was the agedashi tofu, which wasn't how I know the dish (and it's one of my favorite Japanese foods). Aside from that, I'll definitely be back in!

1  Thank stoopid_hooman

Reviewed 29 January 2015

I have to say I love sushi. I drop in here at least once/twice a week and have no hesitations recommending it or bringing people with me to eat. The staff always give you a friendly welcome and there's plenty to choose from - Nigiri, Calafonia, Maki and Futomaki are just some on offer. Quite often too there is a chefs special or something different they've been making up. The latest one was a tempura prawn roll, with fish eggs in the outside which was wonderful! I've had a few juices also, but I'm much more of a sushi person. You can see it all being made up behind which is nice, it's also all gluten free if there are any dietary issues.

To put it very simply - great sushi, great place and great people.

4  Thank 1988Ally26
Reviewed 12 December 2014 via mobile

I'll take teriyaki.
Please pass me another glass of sake.
Japanese people
Love music and jazz is what they choose.
Well I've got to go now,
I'll miss all that good old sukiyaki.
I'm so sad because I've got THE TOKYO BLUES.

Jushi helped me get over my Tokyo Blues.

2  Thank SITUATIONIST
Reviewed 25 October 2014

Amazing sushi, incredible smoothies and always smiling and friendly staff! The loyalty card is also good. It is well priced and an excellent addition to the Westport area. They have a variety of smoothies to choose from.....would strongly recommend this place

5  Thank Jayne A
Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

On entering place smells fishy! Server squashed my sushi into a small box and didn't serve pickled ginger as requested.
This place is for the less travelled person who could be more impressed by tesco sushi !

4  Thank MeriDuniya
Jushi_Dundee, Manager at Jushi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

Dear MeriDuniya (Bharti Rajput)

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience at Jushi and surprised by your feedback. We prepare our sushi fresh on the day every morning, using the finest Grade A ingredients. Further, our chef uses her authentic Japanese skills in preparing and creating each sushi with her 20+ years’ experience. With all these factors and the positive feedback received by many both on Tripadvisor and Facebook, it is quite harsh to compare us against Tesco proceed sushi.

Our establishment is for anyone and everyone interested in healthy juices and fresh sushi, so we don’t like to class our customers as specific target group as you mentioned – ‘less travelled person’. In fact, we have had many positive comments from those that have ‘travelled’ in particular the far east.

The complaint regarding the server is something that we will investigate and again apologies as this is not how you should have been served.

Judging by your other reviews it is quite clear what your motives are and we hope that we can serve you again in the near future.

Kind Regards