“Thanks TripAdvisor app..”
Review of Oshibori

Oshibori
Reserve with OpenTable
Oshibori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 395 Restaurants in Dundee
Price range: US$35 - US$104
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Was looking for can reserve online within an hour on TripAdvisor within 500mtrs from the excellent city centre location & value Hilton Hampton as had just arrived partly for a 2 day hockey tournament & were not familiar with Dundee. Was looking for something special occasion and different from the usual and this came up and glad it did. Ordered 2 Bento Boxes to try different Japanese dishes which was very good and great value. The bottle of Italian wine was excellent also. The newly opened (3 weeks ago) Hilton Hampton was excellent & a perfect hotel & restaurant match for a short romantic weekend break with some hockey on the side.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

We popped in during a weekday evening for a quick bite to eat. Both of us had ramen which was very tasty and definitely filled us up. The service was fine, we were pretty much the only people in. The decor is really nice and makes the place feel quite special.

But unfortunately I felt that the price was on the high side for what we had. Ramen is a dish that should be able to be priced quite competitively, and if it was cheaper I might be able to justify coming in more often. I can't comment on the rest of the menu, but it did appear to be approaching fine dining level prices.

The only other negative was the cleanliness of the toilets, which was a bit disappointing.

It would be nice to come again and try out a bit more of the menu - but it will have to be saved for a special occasion!

1  Thank Tommy E
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Good service, friendly attentive staff, lovely décor. I discovered this eatery by chance when I was visiting Dundee. Went there during the lunch time service. Not many people in at the time of my visit and was a pleasant relaxed atmosphere and delicious meals on offer. I'll be sure to revisit this restaurant the next time I'm visiting Dundee.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Beautifully decorated restaurant and feels very authentic. The menu has a great selection and something for everyone.
The lunch time deal is the best with 2 or 3 courses at a set price.
The alcoholic drinks and cocktails are expensive though.
I have visited 3 times now and can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Staff were very polite and great service. Food was fantastic.

Try the Kirin Ichiban beer with wasabi peas.

My wife had a chicken teriyaki bento main, salmon and spicy tuna California roll starter and the cheesecake for dessert. It looked fantastic and my wife loved it. You need to understand my wife isn't very adventurous with food so this was really out there for her and it didn't fail.

My miso soup, green tea, green chicken dish then green tea ice cream was excellent. Great presentation and more taste.

Our welcome and service was fantastic.

Wife left her handbag and they phoned straight away for us to pick up.

Pics might not do this justice but have a look...