“Excellent food and decor, as well as friendly staff.”
Review of Oshibori

Oshibori
Reserve with OpenTable
Oshibori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 411 Restaurants in Dundee
Price range: US$32 - US$96
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Can't say much more other than I would highly recommend it. The lunch time menu is reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

My boyfriend took me here for my brthay last December. We ordered off the Christmas holiday set menu. We decided to get a bento box and the Christmas Sushi Platter. The portions were huge!! we couldn't get any of our desert, but we were so stafisfed with what we did eat, we didn't care! Furthermore I ordered the Midori Koko cocktail which was devine. The resturant itself if beautful and the waitress was very friendly, she wasn't too invasive either, and gave us plenty of time to order and to finsh our food. We left a huge tip, which was well earned. If you like sushi, this is a must visit,

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

I've only recently acquired a liking for Japanese food and sushi in particular. A difficulty I have however is distinguishing an excellent example of it from an average one. I suppose a very bad one would be obvious if fish tasted foul but as long as the food is fresh and sufficiently well prepared, I would say that Japanese food is reliable. We had a mix of ramen soup with noodles, sushi and Gyozo. We all enjoyed it very much. I do not think the service was overly attentive however I think the Japanese style is to be a little more reserved. The staff are all Japanese so I cannot doubt the authenticity of the place. The decor is as it would be expected to be and includes the novelty of sitting at low tables in the Japanese style if wished, although standard tables are available. My one caution is that it is quite expensive.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Went there on Friday night. The restaurant it's self is nice in decor and the staff were lovely. However the food for me was only average. Having been to Japan many times I was expecting much better food than we received. The rice was poor. The tuna sashimi was cut too large. Even the Wagyu beef unfortunately was not what was expected. To give them credit they did take the cost of drinks off the bill as they did see we did not really enjoy the meal. It's really disappointing when the highlight of the meal was the miso soup.

4  Thank Karl A
SunnyMalik979, Public Relations Manager at Oshibori, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Dear Karl,

Thank you for taking the time and posting review - however we strongly believe that you have either posted at the wrong establishment or confused about your experience.

According to our understanding and knowledge you booked a table with us under the name of Atkinson Karl, on Friday 1st of September 2017 at 8:00pm along with your partner.

Ms Akiko (Japanese staff member) served you, and you had starters which includes Sashimi (as you stated you have visited Japan many times, you must have noticed only fast food restaurants serve small and thin sashimi slices, premium establishments always serve rather thick and longer pieces) this is not a problem for us, please let us know next time and we will be happy to cut shorter versions for you.

Regarding Wagyu - for your main course you ordered Kobe Yakinikudon not Wagyu menu, which was very much appreciated by yourself to the server (including rice) so please next time do experience wagyu beef (where we use premium UK brand Highland wagyu) in order to compare the quality.

According to our understanding you were very pleased and content with the service and food and and left very happy, upon inquiry with the front of the house staff, you did not complain about any of the dishes you had and of-course you were not offered any sort of discount nor complimentary drinks?

I strongly believe that your review is rather a mistake and you will amend your true experience accordingly, which will be truly appreciated.

Best wishes.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

We popped in late on a Thursday for lunch, we had Bento boxes which were excellent, we had some sushi to share as a starter but I was pretty disappointed to find tinned salmon in the Californian roll however the rest of lunch made up for this. A small place that is clearly about to expand both upstairs and into the garden in the rear, I imagine it will be really lovely to have some al fresco sushi even better if they used fresh salmon

2  Thank JMDJSC6969