“cocktails before dinner”

Porters Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 418 Restaurants in Dundee
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Porters Bar and Restaurant is a relaxed dining experience where we serve nothing but the freshest of food, all sourced locally. We cater for all tastes, providing great quality seafood, meat and vegetarian dishes. We have a great selection of beers, fine wines, premium spirits and lastly our delicious cocktails.
Reviewed May 17, 2018

welcoming staff, warm atmosphere, busy place. Looks like you would have to book, especially at the weekend. A mixture of adults & kids there.
We were in for cocktails, which were VERY good. A little pricey perhaps but kind of standard I suppose for a new trendy prime location place!! The menu certainly looked good too. I think we'll be back for a meal visit the next time!

1  Thank Val R

Reviewed May 15, 2018

My wife booked this restaurant for a birthday dinner, we were led to believe this was a fish restaurant but there was not a lot of fish on the menu. The menu did have a good selection of other food including surf and turf. I opted for the steak and my wife had the sea bass both were very enjoyable. The staff were all excellent and service was very prompt. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family.

1  Thank George E
Reviewed May 13, 2018

Went to Porters on the 3rd of May and found it so enjoyable that we returned on the 4th May my 80th birthday. The food was excellent.. the ambience pleasant, and the service from Magda outstanding. my one regret was that we were only in Dundee for a few days so could not repeat the experience

1  Thank James G
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Visited today for lunch having not been here before. Excellent selection and the lunches didn’t disappoint. Friendly and prompt service.
Will be back.

1  Thank Asuttie
Reviewed May 13, 2018

Yesterday we were celebrating my husband's 70th birthday with a lunch for 22 people at Porters. From the initial booking to the welcome we received and the wonderful food l simply cannot fault them. We had pre ordered - really advisable - and everything went like clockwork. Nothing was too much trouble for the waiting staff or the kitchens, and Jacqui was just terrific. Thank you so much everyone. Highly recommended.

1  Thank PatA422