“What a shame it's closing”
Review of Bar Roma - CLOSED

Bar Roma
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We don't live in Edinburgh but eat at Bar Roma whenever we're in Edinburgh. The food has always been reliably good, the staff helpful and friendly and the buzz on a Friday or Saturday evening tremendous. We will miss it.

BebeCugini, Owner at Bar Roma, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. Sorry we won't be here on your next visit unless it's real soon!
Thank you for your loyal custom over the years and best regards from all the staff and
management at Bar Roma - Arrivederci!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We come to Edinburgh every year and always stop at Bat Roma for a meal. We are never disappointed and the same went for this year. The staff are friendly and attentive, despite being very busy. Our food as usual was fresh and tasty. Shame Bar Roma is closing.

BebeCugini, Owner at Bar Roma, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you for your very nice review. Very much appreciated! Thank you also for your custom over
the years - we will miss so many of our regulars who have visited over the years! Arrivederci
from all the Staff and Management of Bar Roma.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nothing special, mediocre food, snooty service, Calzone pizza dough was terrible! Salad basic and lack lustre.
This place is suitable for hunger emergencies only.

1  Thank Ellibelly1

Are you for real?!!! I doubt it!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

£10 for 2 course lunch, good value. Nice bruschetta & melon & Parma ham but the pizzas had that cheap mozzarella on top. Would pay more to have a top quality pizza. Nothing like the pizzas in Napoli! Used to frequent here years ago but it has lost it's edge. Don't think I'd return.

BebeCugini, Owner at Bar Roma, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

It's unfortunate some people don't appreciate good quality when they see it, because our mozzarella cheese on our pizzas is of the highest quality, and our regular customers praise
them highly I can assure you!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've been to Bar Roma many times over the years, especially during the 1980's. My recent visit fell short of what I remember. I judge a restaurant on how satisfied I feel after three courses and unfortunately...I left feeling hungry.
The food was great & tasty, but small touches like serving accompanying bread were missing...especially with dishes which are served with such damn good sauce!! To me the portion size also seemed a little small. As ususal though, the waiting staff of Bar Roma were quality...friendly, fast and attentive.
Maybe I'm just getting old and greedy, but I was disappointed to have felt so unsatisfied after paying a good price. Still, this restaurant is well worth a visit folks...all year round.

Sorry you didn't feel full after your three course meal. Haven't had that complaint before.
Glad though that you enjoyed what you had to eat, and thank you for recommending us
to others in your review. Best regards.