All reviews edinburgh airport breakfast tray city centre visiting edinburgh family room few minutes walk away an early flight perfect location nice stay porridge stayed here for nights accommodation bus
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights before our flight home. Owner George was very helpful and I was amazed at how easy it was to get to central Edinburgh, we got a bus from right across the road straight up to Edinburgh castle and spent the day in the city, then we had an early flight home, George arranged a taxi to pick us up at 4.30am I must admit I was a bit worried incase it didn't arrive but when we went out it was waiting for us. The taxi cost £11 and took about 10 mins to get to the airport, take note that the entrance to the airport is very busy at this time of the morning, but this was an ideal choice for return journey. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

we were lucky to find this B&B last minute. the twin room is very well fitted, comfy beds and a small TV. to be honest the street was quiet noisy. George is a very friendly and helpful host. for example: we told him that we have to leave early to catch out flight so we couldn't have time for breakfast, he offered us to bring us some fruits, juice, croissant and yogurt. great service! thanks a lot

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cureclash
Reviewed September 10, 2017

My room was very clean, comfortable and roomy with a lovely view. Netherby is well situated with being only a few miles from the airport and the city, and George, host of Netherby was charming. He went out of his way to make my stay comfortable and welcoming. Breakfast was yummy too! I would recommend this place to everyone and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2017

A friend & I stayed in separate rooms for 2 nights at the beginning & end of our holiday in the Scottish Isles.
The rooms were comfortable & clean, as were the bathrooms.
The full English breakfast & porridge was good. The croissants were cold & had come out of the freezer. They really needed crisping up in the oven. The coffee was weak for my taste.
There is an easy bus service to Haymarket station & also to the airport.
George the owner is friendly & very helpful.
It is a good budget option.
There is a very good chippie a few minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
George T, Owner at Netherby House, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2017

Dear valcar62
Thank you for leaving a review for us on TA. I am pleased that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, sorry if you found the croissants cold, but as they are part of the buffet breakfast section they are always served cold, (I could have heated them for you if you had asked) we buy them fresh daily and I don't even think that they can be frozen, as for the strength of your coffee, again you only had to mention it and I would have happily made a fresh stronger pot for you.

Reviewed April 25, 2017

This was our first time staying at Netherby House but it will not be our last. This B&B is perfectly situated on the bus line that accesses all the great sites in downtown Edinburgh. Plus, the airport is an easy 5 minute drive. George was an excellent host. He made sure that we had absolutely everything we needed to make our stay special. He even brought down a breakfast tray the night before we left because we had an early flight. We stayed in Room 3, which was spacious, bright, and comfy. And the bathroom was huge.

Room Tip: We loved Room 3. Don't know about the other rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nancywmanahan
George T, Owner at Netherby House, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Dear nancywmanahan,
Thank you for taking a moment to leave us a comment on TA.
I am pleased to hear that you were happy with our accommodation and for pointing out that we are perfectly situated to access both Edinburgh City centre and the airport.
I look forward to seeing you on a return visit.
George