All reviews these apartments washing machine two bedroom apartment bedrooms and two bathrooms sugar and milk tesco express secure parking great apartments living area flat screen the penthouse an easy minute walk city centre self catering haymarket train station well equipped kitchen late check
Reviewed October 25, 2016

I had booked a 3 night stay for my first visit to Edinburgh and absolutely nailed it by booking with Fountain Court. The 2 bedroom apartment was spot on, had everything that you could need. 2 great bedrooms , washer dryer, good kitchen and great bathrooms.
It was easy to find and you will not meet friendlier people, we had a ball staying there and will definitely be going back to stay for longer next time we visit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fountain_Court, Digital Marketing Manager at Fountain Court Apartments - Grove Executive, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate hearing about your experience and that you enjoyed your stay with us so much you would like to return. We would certainly love to welcome you back at Grove Executive Apartments.

All the best wishes from the Team at Fountain Court!

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

I've just come back from a weekend away to Edinburgh with 10 other girls. We wanted a nice apartment, needing to be a decent distance from night life/tourist attractions and we got just that. Not only that, but the staff are so nice and happy to help and the beds are really comfy!
It's a short taxi drive to George Street for the main clubs (about £6-£8) which between 5 people is nothing really. I'd say it's about a 10minute walk to Princes Street and it took us about 20minutes to get to The Dungeons.
The only slight downfall is the check out time of 10am but for an extra £15 you can get this extended to 1pm and for people nursing hangovers this is nothing for an extra few hours of comfort :)
Also, make sure to check reception for any discounts they may have for any attractions you want to visit - we got some vouchers for 30% on The Dungeons which was great :) just make sure the hotels name is on the back of the vouchers as the receptionist at The Dungeons noticed ours were blank and made a point of saying it should really be on there
All in all, a great place to stay and I'll definitely be recommending this place to friends!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Fountain_Court, Digital Marketing Manager at Fountain Court Apartments - Grove Executive, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2016

Thank you for leaving us a review right after you returned home! We love reading your feedback and are happy to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay with us. I will pass on your positive comments to Reception - I'm sure they'll be delighted. We hope to welcome you back on another occasion.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Little things let the stay down. Staff very friendly, apartment very clean and well equipped. Beds comfortable.

But... Toaster flashed and died. Bottom fridge door tray broken so had to lie open items flat. The one shower wasn't working and we learned later that they already knew about this but didn't inform us.

Disappointing as should have otherwise been awarded 5 stars on apartment and location.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Fountain_Court, Digital Marketing Manager at Fountain Court Apartments - Grove Executive, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2016

Thank you for leaving us feedback and we are glad you liked our apartments and their location overall. Our sincerest apologies about the maintenance issues you encountered. I have spoken to our Maintenance Manager and you should have been informed about the second shower not working in the apartment. We have also looked at the toaster and the fridge and have repairs scheduled in. We hope to welcome you back despite this as these issues are not a regular occurrence.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 2, 2016

I recently stayed in Edinburgh at one of Fountain Court Apartments, I can honestly say that it exceeded my expectations. The apartment was a super well laid out roomy apartment with all the facilities needed to ensure your stay was comfortable. Clean, cosy and light. Friendly staff, secure off street parking (fee applicable per night), I would highly recommend a stay here for either a weekend break or longer if required.

Room tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fountain_Court, Digital Marketing Manager at Fountain Court Apartments - Grove Executive, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review. We greatly appreciate it and love to hear about your experience. It is great that our apartments exceeded your expectations and we would be delighted to welcome you back on your next visit to Scotland.

Best wishes from the FCA Team,

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Pros:

Great location, 24hr reception, security staff on site, well equipped kitchen and spacious living room, 2 bathrooms, plenty of tea and coffee, plenty of toiletries, speakers in the roof and amp so music/tv plays throughout every room including the bathroom, wifi, door entry (buzzer) system so you can easily order food or come and go separately without bothering reception, gated parking, late check out available.

Cons:

£10 for one nights parking is more expensive than Glasgow and Edinburgh airports combined, they take a £100 deposit on arrival which is a pretty steep for one nights stay - and the website is pretty clear that they can keep that for near enough any reason. They are also clear that they can grant themselves further access to your bank through card details if they see fit. A 'nights' stay is 3pm - 10am which is quite an early check out for such a late check in (however staff will make efforts to allow you earlier access if your stuck). The whole apartment was uncomfortably warm. We had every heater off, every window open but had an absolutely appalling sleep due to the heat still in the apartment and the subsequent noise from having the windows open. It was Saturday so the street was riotous between 1-5am - noisy would be an understatement but it was so warm we just couldn't close the windows. I can't stress enough how badly we slept I felt completely gutted the next day when we then had to get up early enough to clean the place and leave, still knackered from an awful sleep that we paid for. It's Scotland and it's September so it's hardly summer time and it hasn't been particularly warm. I tried to find the source of the heat but I could only attribute it in part to the boiler in the living room pumping out heat 24/7.

Anyway in the spirit of being fair and objective - the flats aren't 'luxury' but they aren't bad at all. Few flaws but excellent for the price, just really need to sort out the heat. I'm not the first to mention it and it really prevented sleep, that's the entire reason we booked. I left tired and cranky after spending a lot of money on accommodation and not sleeping, then having to leave at the particularly early checkout time. However your wonderful supply of coffee aided my recovery ;)

Trip type: Travelled with friends