Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from The Hairy Coo tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience The Hairy Coo
from US$64.19
from US$195.19
from US$55.02
3,770 results
All reviews doune castle wallace monument loch katrine scottish history our tour guide monty python orange bus free scottish highlands tour free tour great tour day trip isle of skye scottish music highland cows beautiful scenery would highly recommend this tour his knowledge
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had a great time on the Hairy Coo Tour! It was tons of fun and a great way to see the highlands. Our tour guide, Russell, was a real treat. He was friendly and funny and made the day super enjoyable! Definitely recommend!

Date of experience: June 2014
TheDonEdinburgh, Owner at The Hairy Coo, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Hello Emma B,

Thank you for posting your review and recommendation, we really do appreciate it.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic tour and a lot of fun. Not only is it great to see the Scottish highlands but the slice of Scottish life you get from the tour guide is unique and engaging. You really get a better feel for the history and people of Scotland. Donald was our guide. I enjoyed his commentary.

Donald spoke about all things Scottish. Not only do you get a lesson about Wallace and Clan history, Donald covered such topics as movies Sean Connery has NOT acted in, the miserable health habits of the Scots, his childhood friend Doogie, and being given a gift of Scottish land (his burial plot). Also, I can now return and razz one of my "Campbell" friends! Seriously, Donald is a blast!

There were four of us (my wife, two teenage daughters and myself). We tipped 45 pounds each. We would have tipped a little more had we not been budgeting for our entire trip. However, I get the impression they really accept what you give. There was no receipt or pressure to give more. Donald does give you an idea of the costs and what other tours charge. However, I doubt the other tours offer his truly unique commentary.

Hello psychtravel,

It is really good to hear that you and your family enjoyed the experience of your Hairy Coo tour so much. Thank you for posting such a descriptive and insightful review, we sincerley appreciate your support.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We really loved our tour. Booking was simple, and Don was a great tour guide. He told interesting stories the entire trip and played fun Scottish music when he wasn't talking. Stopping to visit the hairy cows was a fun, different stop that you'd never get on another tour, and they were SO cute! Definitely worth taking the tour. We're all students and pretty broke so tipped around £20 each (there were four of us), but absolutely would've given more if we could. Well worth it.

Hello Margaux19,

Thank you for posting such a charming and positive review of your Hairy Coo tour. We sincerely appreciate your custom and support.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

The tour was a comprehensive review of the famous Scottish Highlands, ideal for people who don't have a car. Russell is a very funny and entertaining guide with lots of surprise for you, he will make sure that you don't get bored and will give you the possibility to interact with the places where you go. For example? You will get the opportunity to feed Highland cows!
You really get to do a lot in a day so I would recommend anyone willing to see the Highlands or just to have a nice day out to go on this tour.

Date of experience: May 2014
2  Thank Nathalie S

Hello Nathalie S,

It is really good to hear that you enjoyed your Hairy Coo tour so much and we appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Your custom, support and recommendation are sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My friends and I had a fantastic day out on The Hairy Coo's Free Scottish Highlands tour, although the weather wasn't the best, it was all part of the Scottish experience! Our tour guide, Donald was very knowledgeable and I was extremely impressed at the detail in his commentary and his story telling ability (I would not be able to talk for that long!!) The tour took in some awe inspiring scenery and very quaint Scottish towns and villages. I would highly recommend it for anyone wishing to visit the Highlands on a budget.

When it came to payment I was a little afraid we would be pressured into paying a certain amount (after all there's no such thing as a free lunch and this is a business) but it was nothing like that at all, our guide was very honest and let us know how much other tour companies charge for a similar trip but left the final decision up to you. Thank you very much for a brilliant day, if I could have afforded to pay more I definitely would have.

Hello ceeklee,

Thank you for posting such a charming and insightful review of your Hairy Coo tour. As you say, we do not put any pressure on our guests and the continued success of this business model is entirely down to the support and generosity of our guests.