“Meet expectation ”

Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: With over 30 different meat, veggie and sweet fillings we have something for everyone. For a quick bite on the run, a hearty lunch or a filling dinner the variety available make its a place for everyone. Quality coffee, soups, burgers, baguettes, cakes, doughnuts and of course PIES!
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

Since the review of it here seems quite high so we gave it a try. We ordered mushroom chicken pie and the original meat pie. The meat one is hot and tasty with strong pepper favor. But the mushroom chicken pie is just normal.

The staff(or boss) was in the phone for around 5 mins in front of few customers waiting for ordering, which I feel not quite respectful.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

If you're on budget, DON'T MISS IT
very small place so take away is the best option
Haggis Pie, Chicken & Mushroom Pie, Fiery Cheesy Dog, etc.
almost everything for les than 3£ YES LESS THAN 3£
AND DELICIOUS
go go go

Reviewed April 23, 2018

I'm so glad I googled places to eat on a budget in Edinburgh. These pies are scrumptious & fresh. We had the Haggis, Chicken & Veg, Scotch Pies & Pasta. There are both sweet & savoury options available as well as soups. There is limited seating & we were lucky to get seats on both days we were there. It's in a very central location, so easy to find. The staff are friendly & helpful. Highly recommend a visit if you are in this majestic city.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I absolutely loved this place. Inexpensive delicious food. I had the pasties, scotch pie and chicken pie. I wasn’t even finished eating my pasty before I wanted another. The scotch had a little kick and very moist. Everyone of them was packed with flavor and meat. I was surprised they were piping hot from the display case. One will fill you up but you still want more. My first excellent review so that should tell you how much I liked it. Wish I tried it the first day I was there because I would have went every day.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

We went to the Piemaker and received two delicious filo pastry pies which were exceptional. The service was brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. They were some of the tastiest pastries we've ever had! HIGHLY RECCOMEND. Also, the owner went to great lengths to return us our bag that we left in the shop, going our of his way to try to contact us. It contained our passports so was really important to us! We found him to be extremely kind and genuine and this reflects well on the business as a whole.

1  Thank Jess E