US$460
  • Free Breakfast
US$170
ibis Budget
4,184 results
All reviewspeacock alleycaley bargalvin brasserieguerlain spacastle viewbeautiful hotelend of princes streetluxury hotelturn down servicenespresso machinean upgradebeautiful roomhaggisroyal mileconciergedoormanbathrobes
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed for four nights in March, while visiting the city for my first time. I've stayed places I thought were "nice" before, but I obviously did not know what I was missing. From the moment we walked in, I could tell this was luxury. Their signature scent is divine ... everyone wants to make sure you are happy and comfortable, and yes, you are paying for that level of service but we all know that doesn't always mean you get it. We enjoyed tea at Peacock Alley one day, delicious drinks in the hotel bar the next night, and breakfast every morning -- the first morning, partaking in the breakfast in the Brasserie, but then finding that a bit too noisy with families, enjoying a much more relaxed breakfast, just as impeccably presented, in our hotel room. The room itself was maddeningly comfortable -- the closet was huge, the bathroom was ENORMOUS, and the views!! Spring for a Castle View room, it's worth it just for the envy of your friends and family. The bed slept very well, though the room was a little dry and we woke up cotton-mouthed most mornings. We did partake in a room service dinner and found that very nicely presented as well. Housekeeping was really on top of things -- even tidying up things I didn't expect them too, and the concierge was quick to fulfill any request. We also enjoyed the spa -- very clean steam room, sauna, and pool, that seemed to be very under-used. All in all, we would love to come back, in fact, we wish we'd never left!

Room Tip: Get the castle view!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GMWAEdi, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Carrie_Catherine,

Thank you very much for leaving such a glowing review!

I am absolutely thrilled that you had such a superb experience with us and were able to enjoy all of our wonderful facilities and services.

We certainly cannot wait to have you return here to the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian hotel.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We had the best time staying her for my girlfriends birthday in February from start to finish was amazing. Treated like royalty. We had a gorgeous room, not with a view honestly didn't matter as it was just beautiful inside. Guerlian spa was lovely and relaxing with sheer luxury treatments on offer (if you can afford them).
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Edinburgh and will return to the waldorf again one day. We enjoyed our trip without or 3 children on this occasion but I wouldn't hesitate to take them along. Good all round hotel for everyone to enjoy.
One to mention was complimentary phone call once we had checked in to make sure our room was ok and also a knock on the door around 7pm to ask if we required a "turn down" service and offer of truffles. Most accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul M,

Thank you very much for leaving your review.

I am so glad we could have you visit – especially for such a special occasion. I am particularly happy you were pleased with the room and that you were impressed with the amazing hospitality received from our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a visit to Edinburgh and a two night stay at this hotel. We booked a standard deluxe queen thinking it would be sufficient and provide adequate space and comfort for a brief visit. It sadly did not - the room was very small and the bed extremely uncomfortable. There were only two pillows and the carpet was coming away from the tread. We attempted to rectify the situation by asking to change rooms but were informed the hotel was fully booked although the rooms manager would be in contact. A quick visit to Trivago demonstrated that higher grade rooms were indeed available. Needless to say we heard nothing....until the fire alarm went off at 6 am the next day. Granted this could have been a safety situation so we made our way, like most guests presumably, to the foyer. There was no explanation....we waited patiently until we were allowed back to our rooms. There was no apology. Having endured the room for a disrupted night we asked again to change the following day ...once more we were told nothing was available.
On our last morning we decided to go to breakfast before leaving but were met by a very long queue and a retort that “ it was very popular today”. We did not stay.
It was really not good enough for an expensive 5 star hotel. We will very definitely stay well clear in future.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear scubanut62,

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on your extensive feedback.

I am extremely disappointed you were not happy with your room allocation and that we were not able to fulfill your request to move into a different room. It is particularly concerning that no member of staff was in contact with you for any follow-up communication. Please have my assurance that I will be passing this in on to the Front Office team to reinforce the importance of following through and following up with these sorts of situations. I am also sorry that you were not able enjoy one of our breakfasts. We endeavour to satisfy all of our guests the best that we can and I do apologise you were not accommodated in this way.

I hope this did not have too much hindrance on your overall visit and were able to enjoy exploring the beautiful city that is Edinburgh.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

My daughter and I stayed here for four nights and enjoyed it very much. Great location, roomy accommodations. The concierge staff, particularly Stewart and Thomas, were exceptionally helpful and charming. We treated ourselves to the Spa on the last day and it was very nice. Great central location for walking and walking this beautiful City. The only one small downside was the musty/mildewy smell when we first entered our room each time. Otherwise, a very good stay.

Stayed: March 2018
GMWAEdi, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Kate W,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. May I take this opportunity to mention that it truly was an absolute pleasure having you with us for four nights! I shall certainly share your feedback with our team, in particular Stewart and Thomas who shall be delighted with your recognition. On behalf of all of us here at the Caledonian, thank you ever so much for your kind words.

We truly hope that you shall return to stay with us once more upon your next visit to Edinburgh. Feel free to contact us directly at your leaisure and we shall be happy to assist you in any way possible!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh in March 2018 for 2 nights and the hotel is definitely not a 5 star hotel and not like other Waldorf Astoria properties.

The castle view rooms we have had where all dirty and the furniture was extremely used and the quality of the breakfast was not good at all.

Unfortunately I can not recommend staying at this hotel. I hope that they will do a very big renovation soon!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank PBD1991
GMWAEdi, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Dear PBD1991,

Thank you for passing on your comments.

I am incredibly disappointed that your expectations were met upon your recent stay with us. It is very concerning that your allocated rooms did not meet the cleanliness standards we endeavour to upkeep, and for that I am sincerely sorry. Your comments regarding the quality of furniture and breakfast will also be very useful in helping us make the improvements that are needed to be delivering satisfying experiences for our guests.

I hope this did not have too much impact on your overall visit and were able to make the most of your time in Edinburgh.