1,614 results
All reviews ocean terminal the royal yacht britannia hi express bus stop right outside the hotel bus service free wifi day ticket a short bus ride the sofa bed frequent buses number bus breakfast was included budget hotel clean hotel yogurt short stay tea and coffee
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Room was much smaller than I thought, especially with kids extra bed folded down, tight squeeze to get to the loo at night!Would have been good if housekeeping could have converted it back to a sofa in the morning and made up the bed at night again. Also room had electrical problems with TV and sockets, eventually resolved after a few attempts.

Also witness to a bit of unprofessional behaviour from staff. Whilst in bar overheard loud conversation from staff member on phone trying to give someone directions to the hotel then becoming exasperated with them. He then loudly wound up and asked another staff member to book that bloody woman in, or words to that effect! I realise people get annoyed at times but don't announce to the whole bar! Also housekeeping staff completely ignored me when I said good morning to them!

Issues with people gathering directly in front of entrance smoking, Had to hold breath and plunge through fog of fumes, not pleasant!

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank parssupporter
GMexpressedinburgh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear parssupporter.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues and disappointment during your stay. When we refurbished our rooms we upgraded to queen sized double beds and roomier sofa beds. As a result this does mean that we have had to compromise on floor space in the room when the sofa is out. I am also sorry that you experienced problems with your TV but am glad that we were able to resolve this.

I hope that you will also accept my apologies for the member of staff who got frustrated on the phone call. We have read through your review together and discussed more appropriate ways to handle a difficult situation and the impact that this can have on others.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again so that we can demonstrate that this is not our usual standard of service.

Regards.

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Great hotel, friendly staff and a good location. Breakfast was good plenty to eat and drink. The tea/dinner options were a little lacking and a bit pricey. Room was comfortable and easy to locate .Room was clean and couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
GMexpressedinburgh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

Dear Sarah M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you found your stay to be great value and that you appreciated our friendly staff and the cleanliness of our rooms.

We would love to welcome you back if you are visiting Edinburgh again.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

We booked here for a two night city break and found the price was very appealing in comparison with other hotels. I called the hotel a couple of times ahead of our stay to check a couple of things...both times the staff seemed to struggle to understand me and to answer my questions. These were simple questions such as is there an iron available in the room. They seemed to faff about passing the call between different staff members and what should’ve just been a straight forward phone calls fast became quite stressful and frustrating.

We arrived here before our check in time hoping to store our luggage but we were fortunate enough to be able to check in early which was very helpful. The lady on reception was helpful and explained the buses to us. Even though this hotel is situated slightly out of the city it is easily and cheaply accessible from the city by bus. We never had to wait very long for a busy in or out of the city from or too the hotel. We had gotten a taxi from the train station on arrival costing over £10 as we were unsure where we was going, however there is a bus (number 35) which stops right outside Waverley train station and takes you right outside the hotel. The cost is only £1.70 per adult and 80p per over 4 children.

We had the family room with a double bed and a double sofa bed. The room was ok but a little dusty in places and smelt abit musty. I felt like it could’ve been cleaned abit more thoroughly. The double bed was very comfortable and clean bedding. The sofa bed wasn’t as comfortable which is too be expected but still provides a good nights sleep and I was able to request
More pillows from reception. The bathroom was clean and had a shower cubicle but no bath. They provided plenty of fresh towels for us all as well as body wash. The room was a little cramped but as we were out all day and only using it to unwind and sleep in at night this wasn’t too problematic for us. I was however a little annoyed to find housekeeping had been in our room despite the fact we had purposely not but the housekeeping request sign on the outside of our door as we didn’t want housekeeping services. There are plug sockets right next to the bed which I found very handy when needing to charge my phone and tablet as usually they’re a little away from the bed. Free WiFi is also available here and very easy to access no codes needed. There is a 24/7 room service menu which offers a good selection and there is something for almost all food requirements on there. We opted to eat out so I can’t comment on the food.

Breakfast provided a good selection ranging from cereal, muffins fruit and a cooked breakfast. All items were constantly being replenished and it was easy to grab yourself a decent meal. The only thing is the bacon was cold both morning and on one morning the scrambled eggs were a little cold too. There is a fabulous choice of hot drinks and the mocha was very good for a standard coffee machine. Tables were kept clean and in order at all times.

A very short walk away from the hotel is ocean terminal.. there is plenty of places to eat here as well as the famous royal yacht, a cinema and a roller blading place. It’s very handy to have so close by and we dined here twice.

I would stay here again and was happy with the service we received bar a few little niggles.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
GMexpressedinburgh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear Amy_jai29,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and most importantly you were happy with the service that you received. I am glad that you received a great welcome, we will always do what we can to help our guess get checked in early if possible.

Our Express Start breakfast is included in all of our rates offers a selection of hot and cold favourites to suit all tastes and provide a great start to the day. We check the temperatures of the food on display throughout the breakfast service and I am sorry that you found some of the items cold. I will definitely be monitoring this closely.

I hope that you will accept my apologies for the problems you experienced when you first called us. We have a few newer team members who may not be so comfortable on the phone yet and we will work with them to improve their confidence.

Thank you for the feedback for our housekeeping team I will make sure that this is passed on to them.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a short visit to Edinburgh before heading further north. Decided to stay in Leith as it looked interesting and hotel had free parking.
Really liked the hotel, it was simple but had everything we needed. Good breakfast included in price as standard, so no faffing waiting to get seated or checked off list, ample free parking, bus stop(straight into Edinburgh city) right outside hotel for £1.70 single adult fare, clean comfortable room which wasn’t massive but perfectly adequate. Easy walking distance to Royal Yacht Britannia and a good selection of lovely restaurants.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear Patricia H,

Thank you for this great review of your stay with us.

At Holiday Inn Express we aim to offer an uncomplicated and hassle free experience and it is great to heat that you did not experience any 'faffing' at breakfast time.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel if you are visiting our wonderful city again.

Reviewed October 20, 2018

Convenient for visiting Edinburgh. Buses stop outside every 5 minutes (number 22). Staff were friendly. Hotel was clean. breakfast was ok. The only problem was the heating, throughout the night the temperature dropped, thicker quilts for winter please. Good parking facilities. Would like a bath in the room too please

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Christobelle76
GMexpressedinburgh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Dear Christobelle76,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, liked cleanness of our hotel and appreciated our location.
Sorry for the problems with the heating, next time when you are here please ask our team member about a portable heater, we can provide this on request.

Best Regards